Error Accessing <File>

casuala...@officeformac.com

Feb 22, 2010, 1:18:48 PM2/22/10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When trying to save my ppt. file (whether it it be pptx or ppt) I run into an error message saying, "There was an error accessing .

I looked at preferences and went to advanced to see where PowerPoint was saving the file, but matching up location and/or changing file location hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

casuala...@officeformac.com

Feb 22, 2010, 11:53:42 PM2/22/10
I went about uninstalling and reinstalling the program and still I am unable to save any PowerPoints either in ppt. and/or pptx. I did, however, manager to find that although PowerPoint doesn't recognize where the file is, I can manage to find it searching all documents. It just seems that that the file saved can't be seen by PowerPoint.

casuala...@officeformac.com

Feb 23, 2010, 1:09:02 AM2/23/10
In addition to getting a error saying "There was an error accessing file:name:pptx. I also get: "PowerPoint cannot access file:name:pptx because the file has been moved or deleted.

casuala...@officeformac.com

Feb 23, 2010, 12:57:29 PM2/23/10
I finally figured it out. Firevault actually blocks needed updates for Office 2008 and prevents PowerPoint from being able to locate files. There are apparently some kind of difficulties either: (1) in relationship to Firevault and Office or (2) Firevault and Snow Leopard.

Check out this: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35354964/filevault--powerpoint-a.aspx