Mail merge through Entourage

Jeane...@officeformac.com

Mar 3, 2008, 2:21:23 PM3/3/08
Today I wanted to mailmerge a document and send it via Entourage to my contacts.

But when Entourage attempt to send off my emails, then the error
-17099 (recipient email must contain a domain) and -3260 (Entourage can not connect to the server, Verify that your computer is connected to the network) occur.
What is a girl to do?

I have contacted my ISP who says that I should be able to send up to 15 emails at a time, so the number of emails does not seem to be the problem. (that should be error -17009 solved?)

I can send single emails directly using Entourage, but when I get a reply and then want to respond to that reply, then I'm told that there is a relay problem.

Diane Ross

Mar 3, 2008, 10:15:27 PM3/3/08
On 3/3/08 11:21 AM, in article ee8f8...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Jeane...@officeformac.com" <Jeane...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Today I wanted to mailmerge a document and send it via Entourage to my
> contacts.
>
> But when Entourage attempt to send off my emails, then the error
> -17099 (recipient email must contain a domain) and -3260 (Entourage can not
> connect to the server, Verify that your computer is connected to the network)
> occur.
> What is a girl to do?

Look for a bad address. One user reported

<quote>
I just got all my groups to work and found out why. In each of the bad
ones, there was at least one address where the name had a space added before
it. Why? I have no idea! These are addresses that have been sitting
happily for years so why should they be suddenly altered to insert a space
in the email address?

All I know is that when I deleted the space, it all went.
</quote>

> I have contacted my ISP who says that I should be able to send up to 15 emails
> at a time, so the number of emails does not seem to be the problem. (that
> should be error -17009 solved?)
>
> I can send single emails directly using Entourage, but when I get a reply and
> then want to respond to that reply, then I'm told that there is a relay
> problem.

This sounds like the reply is somehow mangling your info. Are you using any
Headers for "Reply to"?

Relaying means that you are trying to send a message through a mail server
without being logged in to that server, and the people who run the server
have chosen to disallow that to prevent spammers from using the server.

Example. You have an account on Comcast and you also have an account via
your domain hosted on pair.com. You cannot use the SMTP for your pair
account to send via your ISP host Comcast. This is relaying. You can use
your Comcast SMTP to send your pair mail.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>