Error 3259 - outgoing mail issues?

Jamie Benedict

Jul 31, 2007, 4:56:36 AM7/31/07
For the past few days, I have been able to receive emails but not send them
through entourage. I keep getting error message 3259 which states, "An
operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or
there may be too much net traffic." My internet connection is fine, and I
have not been able to trouble shoot this using any hints I've googled for on
this specific error. Any help?!

Mac...@officeformac.com

Apr 2, 2008, 8:52:43 AM4/2/08
I get the same error, but in my case I think, that the error occurs, if Entourage tries to get mails from a server where no mails are waiting...

Could this be? Is there a bug?

Greetz, Maccle

Mac...@officeformac.com

Apr 2, 2008, 8:57:48 AM4/2/08
Sorry, forgot to write:

I try to exchange with a POP server.
And it is the error message -3259 (with the hyphen!).

Bye, Maccle

Diane Ross

Apr 2, 2008, 7:13:40 PM4/2/08
On 4/2/08 5:57 48AM, in article ee7b...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Mac...@officeformac.com" <Mac...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I try to exchange with a POP server.
> And it is the error message -3259 (with the hyphen!).

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/page.html#error-3259>

When you come into a thread, it's hard to help you because none of our
original info is available.

What version Mac OS X are you running?

What version Microsoft Entourage are you using? Including update if any. How
to find version info:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/index.html#find_version>

What type of account? (POP, IMAP, Exchange)

--
Diane
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>

kelowna_...@officeformac.com

Apr 8, 2008, 4:57:05 PM4/8/08
> On 4/2/08 5:57 48AM, in article ee7b...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "Mac...@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> &gt;
> &gt; I try to exchange with a POP server.
> &gt; And it is the error message -3259 (with the hyphen!).

> When you come into a thread, it's hard to help you because none of our
> original info is available.
>
> What version Mac OS X are you running?
>
> What version Microsoft Entourage are you using? Including update if any. How
> to find version info:
>

> What type of account? (POP, IMAP, Exchange)
>

> --
> Diane
> Entourage Help Page
> Entourage Help Blog
>

> Diane:
I have the same error message as this thread (error -3259) and cannot send emails, even though my ISP connection is fine. I did not understand the instructions you gave as to how to solve this problem so I can send emails again. This problem seemed to come out of the blue, after no clear change in my other software. Can you provide me a step by step approach? I have a brand new Mac, with the latest operating system, and the 2008 version of Entourage. Thanks for your help.