Mail could not be sent, Error: 16002

arl...@officeformac.com

Mar 5, 2009, 10:01:47 AM3/5/09
One of my users has been receiving this error (16002) when trying to send emails ever since he was upgraded to v2008. The issue seems to be that the email gets stuck in the Outbox. A subsequent click on "Send/Receive" and the mail is sent with out complaint. The database has been rebuild and the error continues.

The back end is Exchange 2003, and the Entourage is patched up to the latest version.

One more thing... the user has 10+ GBs of email in his Entourage DB and he is VIP user so you know how that goes.

Any ideas or help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick

Diane Ross

Mar 5, 2009, 7:54:20 PM3/5/09
On 3/5/09 7:01 AM, "arl...@officeformac.com" <arl...@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> One of my users has been receiving this error (16002) when trying to send
> emails ever since he was upgraded to v2008. The issue seems to be that the
> email gets stuck in the Outbox. A subsequent click on "Send/Receive" and the
> mail is sent with out complaint. The database has been rebuild and the error
> continues.

We don't have this particular error documented, but it's close to errors
that indicate a bad install of the software or database problems. Since you
have Exchange, rather than rebuilding, I would just create a new Identity
and let the account sync back up. Read the optimize article below first.

Connecting Entourage to an Exchange Server at work
<http://tinyurl.com/77ar49>

Connecting Entourage to an Exchange Server from Home
<http://tinyurl.com/6w9fv3>

Optimize Entourage to better work with Exchange
<http://tinyurl.com/56ea7k>

> The back end is Exchange 2003, and the Entourage is patched up to the latest
> version.

Just to verify. The latest version of Entourage is 12.1.5.

You also might want to consider moving some of the older emails to folders
"On My Computer". Your VIP user won't really notice a lot of difference in
use, but he will in speed and reliability.

AutoArchive Exchange Account to "On My Computer" (Currently this script is
broken in Leopard. Third Party Alternative: Entourage Exchange Accounts
Optimize <http://www.softhing.com/home.html>)

Move all e-mail older than 60 days from your Exchange account folders to
archive folders within the "On My Computer" folder tree.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/exchange/autoarchive.html>

Hope this helps!

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP