Entourage Won't Delete Emails

le_p...@officeformac.com

Feb 13, 2008, 6:53:53 PM2/13/08
I recently set-up an exchange email account with Entourage but no matter what I do Entourage will not delete any of the emails. None of the keyboard shortcuts work or the delete option in the toolbar. I have to individually drag each message to the trash folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kenda Skaggs

Feb 13, 2008, 7:01:07 PM2/13/08
My problem is similar only I can't even drag mine to the trash. When I do,
the email duplicates! I'll have one in the trash and the original.

William Smith

Feb 24, 2008, 1:54:17 PM2/24/08
le_p...@officeformac.com wrote:

> I recently set-up an exchange email account with Entourage but no
> matter what I do Entourage will not delete any of the emails. None of
> the keyboard shortcuts work or the delete option in the toolbar. I have
> to individually drag each message to the trash folder.

Can you provide more information about your setup?

What version of Entourage?
What version of Exchange Server?
Is this a private company's Exchange Server or a hosted Exchange Server?
Do you use a back-end server address or a front-end Outlook Web Access
(OWA) address to connect?

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

le_p...@officeformac.com

Feb 24, 2008, 3:07:46 PM2/24/08
I'm currently using Entourage 2008 but also had the same problem with Entourage 2004 before I upgraded.

The email is running off of what appears to be Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. It is hosted by a university so I am not completely sure. (Their tech support is unable to help me with the matter)

It is connecting through "https://rpcmail.%%%%%.edu" so I'm not sure which method that is.

Hope this helps.

William Smith

Feb 24, 2008, 7:03:44 PM2/24/08
le_p...@officeformac.com wrote:

This sounds like you're essentially using a "hosted" Exchange account
because I assume you access your mail mainly off campus. Correct?

You should be able to log in to your account via Outlook Web Access
(OWA), which is webmail using the address you have. Does that allow you
to delete messages?

If you use Entourage's Switch Idnetity... feature found under the
Entourage menu and set up your account again (letting your messages
download again) do you still have the problem?