Import a .pst file into Entourage 2008

Rick

Jan 16, 2008, 2:51:02 PM1/16/08
Can someone tell me if it is possible to import a .pst file from Office
(Outlook) 2007 into Entourage 2008? I'm running Parallel VM and want to move
all my personal email folders, etc. into Office 2008 for MAC now that it's
here otherwise, I won't be able to switch over.

Thank you for your help.

Rick

William Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 9:51:34 PM1/16/08
Rick wrote:
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to import a .pst file from Office
> (Outlook) 2007 into Entourage 2008? I'm running Parallel VM and want to move
> all my personal email folders, etc. into Office 2008 for MAC now that it's
> here otherwise, I won't be able to switch over.

Hi Rick!

Not directly, no. But have a look at these posts on The Entourage Help
Blog for an idea
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/dsmross/managed-mt/mt-search.cgi?tag=.pst%20files&blog_id=14>.

Also, have a look at The Entourage Help Page's cross-platform section
<http://entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html>.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

Mad Mac User

Apr 1, 2008, 4:28:37 PM4/1/08
WTF is wrong with Microsoft?
Here we have two Microsoft products: Outlook and Entourage and we still cannot directly import files from one to another.....

I need to be able to easily import and export PST files from Mac to Windows.

Can't the Mac Business Unit just add this piece of functionality??? Or can't Microsoft just buy out a company that is able to integrate the two products?

Why is there no Outlook for Mac? Why do we have to have a totally separate product???

Mad Mac User

Apr 1, 2008, 4:29:20 PM4/1/08
> WTF is wrong with Microsoft?
> Here we have two Microsoft products: Outlook and Entourage and we still cannot directly import files from one to another.....
>
> I need to be able to easily import and export PST files from Mac to Windows.

AND VICE VERSA.

jasperguy

Apr 1, 2008, 5:00:49 PM4/1/08
Can you use the pst file at all, on a MAC? Like using the outlook express to import?

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Apr 1, 2008, 5:44:36 PM4/1/08
jasperguy <jasp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you use the pst file at all, on a MAC? Like using the outlook express
> to import?

Not really. The format is really different.

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Apr 1, 2008, 5:44:35 PM4/1/08
Mad Mac User <mug...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I need to be able to easily import and export PST files from Mac to
> Windows.
> >
> AND VICE VERSA.

Well good luck for this one...

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Apr 1, 2008, 5:44:35 PM4/1/08
Mad Mac User <mug...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need to be able to easily import and export PST files from Mac to .
> Windows.

It's all answered here:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/import_export/pst.html

William Smith

Apr 1, 2008, 10:20:34 PM4/1/08
Corentin Cras-Méneur wrote:

> jasperguy <jasp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you use the pst file at all, on a MAC? Like using the outlook express
>> to import?
>

> Not really. The format is really different.

Adding to that...

The format is 100% Outlook. It's proprietary. No other E-mail
application uses PST files.

Expecting other E-mail applications to use PST files is like expecting
the Mac to have a Start button.

amitkumar...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2013, 1:07:58 AM11/26/13
I am no expert in this sort of problems. As I read your threads I did some research of my own and came out with the following results:-

An application named Pst Converter Pro seems to be good in dealing with this kind of problems. You can have a look at its features here: www.pstconverterpro.com/

There are other applications also available online.

I also found other threads having similar discussions as your problem, one of them being:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5004131
I hope this information helps you solve your problem. Thank you.

rolli...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 5:13:33 AM12/27/18
When I was searching the right solution to import a .pst file into Entourage 2008 edition then I have got a complete write-up post. In this blog post, step by step process has been described to import PST to Entourage. I hope it will be helpful for you so I am sharing the link - https://www.onetimesoft.com/blog/import-pst-to-entourage/

Maria Hirthe

Jun 8, 2022, 2:33:29 AM6/8/22
Want to a right solution to import Outlook PST to Entourage MBOX file format? If yes is your answer, then read this blog post and get the right solution for your query.
Read More: https://www.cubexsoft.com/blog/how-to-import-pst-to-entourage-without-outlook/

Antonio Bill

Aug 3, 2023, 1:46:33 AM8/3/23
Suppose you want to Import a .pst file into Entourage 2008. Entourage is a eamil clients of MBOX file format. I suggest the Mailvita PST to MBOX Converter Tool is the best method to convert PST files to MBOX file format. This application is easy to handle by all technical and non-technical users without any professional help. This software is migrate single and multiple Outlook PST files to MBOX file format. You can save the original data and secure conversion. It was compatible with all the latest and below versions of Mac & Windows OS.

Read More: https://www.mailvita.com/kb/convert-pst-to-mbox-files-on-mac-os-12-monterey/

Daniel Jones

Oct 14, 2023, 5:15:23 AM10/14/23
You can import PST files into Entourage MBOX 2008 with BetaVare PST Converter Tool. You can try this application it is users friendly. Users can learn about this product by using the free demo versions. Try the PST to MBOX Converter Tool to import your PST files. This application converts PST files from Outlook to MBOX files from Entourage. This is a laborious and time-consuming method of sacrificial offering. Outlook PST files can be imported into MBOX and other formats. It is easy to use and allows users to convert PST files to MBOX without using Outlook.

Visit more:- https://www.betavare.com/pst/