Database Daemon Fatal Error

eblu...@officeformac.com

Mar 25, 2008, 2:50:28 PM3/25/08
Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I recently upgraded my Microsoft Office from 2004 to 2008. I have already downloaded the autoupdates that are available as of today (3/25/08). I am retrieving e-mail from Hotmail to Entourage. It seems to get the mail in my inbox without a problem. However, anytime I try to swtich to another folder (eg. Junk mail, deleted items, sent messages, saved messages), I get the following error message:

Database Daemon Fatal Error
The Database Daemon has encountered an unknown error. The daemon will need to quit, and Entourage may need to be force quit.

I click "OK" and Entourage promptly closes. This happens EVERY time and I have no idea what it means. I tried adding my Hotmail as a new account, thinking something may have happened in the updating from 2004 to 2008, but that did not work. Anyone who has had this and knows how to fix it? Or hasn't had it, but still knows how to fix it.

Diane Ross

Mar 27, 2008, 1:59:34 AM3/27/08
On 3/25/08 11:50 28AM, in article ee960...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"eblu...@officeformac.com" <eblu...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Database Daemon Fatal Error
> The Database Daemon has encountered an unknown error. The daemon will need to
> quit, and Entourage may need to be force quit.

That error probably means database corruption. I would recommend rebuilding
the database

How to rebuild database:

As with any procedure like rebuild, itšs a good idea to make a backup prior
to running. Your data should not be erased, but if something fails during
this process data could be lost. To be doubly sure, duplicate your Identity
in the Finder folder prior to the rebuild.

Your Identity is located in Your User's Document folder inside the Microsoft
User Data folder.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/index.html#db1>

Make sure you have enough hard disk space available for twice the size of
your database. As part of the rebuilding process, Entourage creates a second
database file. (Note: your HD also needs breathing room to function)

1. On the Entourage menu, click Turn Off Office Reminders.
2. Quit Messenger and all Microsoft Office applications, including
Entourage.

Hold down the Option key and re-launch the application. In a few seconds,
youšll be greeted with the database utility. You can verify and, if
necessary, rebuild the Entourage database by using the Microsoft Database
Utility.

During the rebuild process, the old files are renamed in case for some
reason the rebuild was not successful. After youšve rebuilt your database
and checked the applicationšs performance, you can delete the old version
from your hard drive. Do NOT throw away these files unless you are satisfied
with the rebuild:

Old files are named:

Main [Backed up date and time will be shown] e.g. Main [Backed up 1.21.2007
13.35]

For help with older version of Entourage see:
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/rebuild.html>
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>

mgoe...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2014, 4:18:02 AM7/28/14
"Database Daemon Fatal Error Mac Entourage". It is a common error for almost every Microsoft Entourage application users which basically occurs due to corruption issue. It is very critical and can be responsible for data inaccessibility issue. Luckily it can be fixed by repairing the corruption issue. In order to do the first option you can try is database utility. It is an built in option to fix minor corruption issue on Microsoft Entourage. But in case if it fails to resolve the issue then you will need to look for other options.

To get more information visit: http://www.macfixz.com/database-daemon-fatal-error-mac-entourage-get-corrupted-deleted-mac-data-recovered