Entourage error when sending email: HTTP error. The post data is too large.

sky...@officeformac.com

Aug 20, 2008, 12:26:15 AM8/20/08
Version: 2004
Email Client: Exchange

Mac users get error messages when sending email via Entourage.

Error:

HTTP error. The post data is too large.
Mail could not be sent. The message has been moved to your drafts folder.

Error: -18587

Actually the email and attachment is only 200kb.
The exchange server 2003 (sp2) is working well with outlook and OWA. But just a few people using MAC and Entourage will get this error. And if they try a few more times, the email might go through. It's quite annoying. Don't know why.

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Aug 20, 2008, 10:19:47 AM8/20/08
<sky...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Actually the email and attachment is only 200kb. The exchange server
> 2003 (sp2) is working well with outlook and OWA. But just a few people
> using MAC and Entourage will get this error. And if they try a few more
> times, the email might go through. It's quite annoying. Don't know why.

That sounds like a server error. I don't remember which one, but I
suspect there is a KB on this and it means that the server needs to be
patched (updated).

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Hat

Aug 20, 2008, 11:01:20 AM8/20/08

tHIS is what I found on the Entourage Help page

Error -17199 and -18587

Entourage 2004 Exchange Error:

Attempting to send anything yields either 'Unknown Error -17199' or
'HTTP Error. Access to the resource is forbidden. Error -18597.'

This is probably because the e-mail address you typed in the Exchange
account dialog does not exactly match the one the server expects.
Since the addresses don't match, it doesn't allow you to send.

I know the numbers are listed weird, but it's the only thing I can
find on -18587.

sky...@officeformac.com

Aug 20, 2008, 10:16:40 PM8/20/08
Thank you for your replies.

To Corentin:
I have searched microsoft website, couldn't find the related KB or patch.

To Hat:
I saw this message on the Entourage Help page too. The e-mail address is correct and they can use it via OWA.

This issue just happened recently. People can use the outlook and OWA pretty well. Only a few people using MAC and Entourage 2004 get this error.

sky...@officeformac.com

Aug 31, 2008, 9:20:39 AM8/31/08
Any further suggestion?
Still have this problem.

Chris Halsema

Sep 23, 2008, 2:57:01 PM9/23/08

"sky...@officeformac.com" wrote:

> Any further suggestion?
> Still have this problem.

This issue is happening with Entourage 2008 too using Exchange 2007
Small attachments to known senders (OWA) does work.

HTTP error the Post Data is too large
-18587 still have found no resources to address the issue.

There is a similar error -18493 regarding IIS that might be helpful

This might work
http://forum.soft32.com/mac/Help-Unknown-error-17199-Messages-ftopict105345.html