Entourage Error -18597 -- mail not sending -- corporate Exchange server

peae...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2007, 11:04:28 AM1/25/07
I have a user on an Exchange 2003 corporate mail account configured on
a patched and updated installation of Entourage 2004 (Mac Office 2004).
This just started occurring two days ago when the user started not
being able to send e-mails and received an "Error: -18597" which speaks
of not having a related SMTP account on Exchange.

The user *does* have two SMTP accounts and Entourage has been
configured on two separate Macs and still having the same problem.
Some other facts worth noting:

* Other Exchange accounts *do* work on the two installations previously
noted.
* This user's account has been configured on Entourage X on yet a
different Mac and mail *did* send from that one without an error.

We have checked everything we can think of on the Exchange account in
AD and the account configuration on the Entourage 2004 installations.
This would seem to be a problem with the AD account since one user's
account works and this other user's doesn't, but that doesn't seem to
explain why the problem user's account works on an older version of
Entourage.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Diane Ross

Jan 25, 2007, 5:07:37 PM1/25/07
On 1/25/07 8:04 AM, in article
1169741068....@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "peae...@gmail.com"
<peae...@gmail.com> wrote:

Try Keychain first aid.

Often errors close in number have similar solutions. Error -18596 is listed
on the error page:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/page.html#error-18596>

The folder cannot be found on the Exchange Server. The folder might be
deleted or moved or it cannot be accessed (-18596).

Add the affected folder within Entourage to your favorites.

Also see Microsoft KB KB884985 for more info.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/884985/en-us

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 25, 2007, 5:13:01 PM1/25/07
<peae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a user on an Exchange 2003 corporate mail account configured on
> a patched and updated installation of Entourage 2004 (Mac Office 2004).
> This just started occurring two days ago when the user started not
> being able to send e-mails and received an "Error: -18597" which speaks
> of not having a related SMTP account on Exchange.

Are the accounts properly setup as Exchange account in Entourage ??
Entoruage doesn't use SMTP for Exchange accounts anymore (ENtourage X
does though). It uses OWA for everything.

> The user *does* have two SMTP accounts and Entourage has been
> configured on two separate Macs and still having the same problem.
> Some other facts worth noting:

I don't believe you can even enter an SMTP setting for an Exchange
account.
What you do is that you enter the URL of the OWA server as the Exchange
server adn ENtourage takes care of the rest.

[...]

> We have checked everything we can think of on the Exchange account in
> AD and the account configuration on the Entourage 2004 installations.

If you can connect to OWA through a web browser on the Mac, chances are
that ENtourage won;t have any problem finding the Exchange server.

> This would seem to be a problem with the AD account since one user's
> account works and this other user's doesn't, but that doesn't seem to
> explain why the problem user's account works on an older version of
> Entourage.

Older versions of Entourage used IMAP for receiving mail, SMTP for
sending and OWA for fre/busy data, calendar, address book, etc.
Entourage 2004 uses OWA for all that (and both versions use LDAP for the
GAL).

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---