Live Meeting error in Communicator 2007

Joe Church

Feb 28, 2008, 4:30:02 PM2/28/08
I have a PC running vista where communicator 2007 was installed, along with
the live meeting client. When in a conversation, and you try to initiate a
data sharing session with live meeting, by clicking the office icon at the
top right, and selecting "share information using live meeting", you get the
following error:

Application sharing could not be started because the application failed to
start in time.

Try again and you get:

Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful. If you need further
assistance, contact your system administrator.

I have tried many times to uninstall, re-install, and nothing works. I am
patched and running the latest versions of both applications. If I try with
the same user on another computer it works fine. The PC having the problem
was used in testing with LCS 2005, and then with OCS 2007. So there could be
something screwed up somewhere, but I don't know where to start. I also
don't want to reload this PC.

Any ideas?

Thomas Lee

Feb 29, 2008, 5:54:24 AM2/29/08
In message <76B7417B-FEF0-442B...@microsoft.com>, Joe
Church <JoeC...@discussions.microsoft.com> writes

>Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful. If you need
>further assistance, contact your system administrator.

Have you changed the default meeting policy to allow meetings?
--
Thomas Lee
(t...@psp.co.uk)

Joe Church

Feb 29, 2008, 8:04:00 AM2/29/08
The server is set to allow meetings, as I said, Live meeting works fine on
all other PCs, its just this one PC that it won't even launch live meeting,
it just immediately throws out the error in communicator. I can manually
open Live Meeting from the install folder, but communicator won't launch it.

Joe Church

Feb 29, 2008, 3:37:03 PM2/29/08
I also just noticed that on this PC, if I go to start, all programs, and
launch the live meeting client from there, it runs the windows installer each
time, not just once but every time you open the client. Once you get into
the client, if you to go the menu and select "open user accounts" you just
get this error:

"An unknown error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator."

I can't get any further than this and really need some help fixing this. I
have a feeling there is some kind of registry issue, but uninstalling and
re-installing the software does not help. I need some manual removal
instructions. I tried searching for and deleting all relevant registry keys,
during the last uninstall. This also did not work, so if it is a registry
issue, its related to keys other than the obvious with the word communicator
and live meeting in it.

Any ideas?

Thomas Lee

Feb 29, 2008, 4:34:21 PM2/29/08
What errors are in the event log?

In message <2376D8C7-802D-4B52...@microsoft.com>, Joe

--
Thomas Lee
(t...@psp.co.uk)

Joe Church

Feb 29, 2008, 4:53:00 PM2/29/08
Error ID 1001 warning for msiInstaller
Detection of product '{7DB92914-0A00-48C6-8DBB-F8E9D02B78B1}', feature
'FEAT_LiveMeetingConsole' failed during request for component
'{9AC81487-9326-41DD-A645-A0039CAAC5E5}'

1004:
Detection of product '{7DB92914-0A00-48C6-8DBB-F8E9D02B78B1}', feature
'FEAT_LiveMeetingConsole', component '{180D7F35-DE7D-41CC-AFF0-4D18F93FA9DD}'
failed. The resource 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\meet\' does not exist.

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft Office
Live Meeting 2007. Product Version: 8.0.6362.41. Product Language: 0.
Reconfiguration success or error status: 1602.

Detection of product '{63BEF36D-1782-4506-ABA6-6672B54641E0}', feature
'FEAT_LiveMeetingConsole', component '{0F8849FA-EA95-446E-BA35-6B9EA93C1465}'
failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\LiveMeeting Shared\RtcRouter.dll' does not exist.

---

I tried a registry repair tool, it found a bunch of problems and fixed them.
However, when I re-install live meeting, again the registry keys are
inaccessible. I have to manually set the permissions. After I do that Live
Meeting will stop running the windows installer every time I open it.
However I still can't get into the user accounts option, so there must be
more registry keys that have bad permissions but I can't find a complete
list. This is really irritating.