Proxy 502 The HTTP message includes an unsupported header or an un

Sivak@discussions.microsoft.com Marc Sivak

Mar 7, 2007, 4:16:28 PM3/7/07
WE ar receiving the following error in ISA 2006,

The HTTP message includes an unsupported header or an unsupported
combination of headers. Proxy error 502.

I understand this to be an error with the external web site, but when I
lookhttp://ram.bpspm.com/login.cfm?ReportingPortalID=150

Marc Sivak

Mar 9, 2007, 9:04:05 AM3/9/07
A Header Check on the page results in:
#1 Server Response: http://ram.bpspm.com/login.cfm?ReportingPortalID=150
HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:00:11 GMT
Expires: Friday,Mar
14:00:11 PM
Pragma: no-cache
cache-control: Private
Page-Completion-Status: Normal
Page-Completion-Status: Normal
Set-Cookie: CFID=200836; path=/;
Set-Cookie: CFTOKEN=34795033; path=/;

I don't see any errors in this.
Am I missing something here?

Phillip Windell

Mar 9, 2007, 9:45:32 AM3/9/07

"Marc Sivak" <Marc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Expires: Friday,Mar
> 14:00:11 PM

Just a guess,...shouldn't that be on one line with a space before "Mar"?

"Expires: Friday, Mar 14:00:11 PM"

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed (as annoying as they are, and as stupid as they sound), are
my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft, or anyone else associated
with me, including my cats.
Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html

Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

Marc Sivak

Mar 9, 2007, 9:58:35 AM3/9/07
Completely overlooked that.......
thanks, am calling to see if there is any chance of getting them to fix
this.....

Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

Mar 14, 2007, 1:08:08 PM3/14/07
Good catch, Phil - this format is what's known as a "folded header" and
while allowed by RFC, it's not supported by ISA (long discussion).
Notice also that the "day" value is completely missing. The only numeric
values provided are mm:hh:ss, making this an invalid "expires" header even
if ISA allowed "folding".

--
Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

This posting implies no warranty and confers no rights.

"Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote in message

Damon Vaughn

Mar 14, 2007, 5:55:15 PM3/14/07
Hi Jim.
We're getting the same error as well when trying to download pgp beta from
the following website:
http://beta.pgp.com
The error comes up after entering in your email address and clicking the
link to download, which brings you to this address:
http://beta.pgp.com/main/release_notes
I'm not that familiar with capturing this type of traffic but will give it a
go. I'd appreciate seeing your findings as well. Thanks.

-Damon

Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

Mar 14, 2007, 6:06:13 PM3/14/07
kewlness - post away when you get them.
BTW, NetMon 3 is a pretty sweet toy.
You can get it from MS Downloads.

--
Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

This posting implies no warranty and confers no rights.

"Damon Vaughn" <Damon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Damon Vaughn

Mar 15, 2007, 3:27:18 PM3/15/07
Yeah i've used netmon. I like etherpeek a little more, but i'm at a loss as
to what I should be posting?
Should i capture http traffic from my machine to the site in question?

Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

Mar 15, 2007, 5:05:58 PM3/15/07
This is why I like NM3; you can capture multiple interfaces simlutaneously.
This way, we not only see what happened between the client and ISA, but also
the ISA and upstream server - all in one neat capture.

--
Jim Harrison (ISA SE)

This posting implies no warranty and confers no rights.

"Damon Vaughn" <Damon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Damon Vaughn

Apr 3, 2007, 10:00:01 AM4/3/07
Hi Jim. I didn't want you to leave you hanging. This site has changed and
the link in question is no longer active. They've provided a different
method of obtaining their downloads and it works properly through ISA, so i'm
going to chalk this one up to them. I appreciate the proposed help and the
kick in the butt to get going with nm3.