InfoPath browser in MOSS: error occurred accessing a data source

FranckS

Apr 27, 2007, 9:42:02 AM4/27/07
I've created a simple InfoPath form with a drop-down getting data out of a
SQL DB. The data source has been published in a DCL on a site in MOSS.
The form works fine when opened using the rich client but when I try to open
its browser-based version (after publishing it to a Sharepoint site form
library), I always got the following error:

An error occurred accessing a data source.
An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
Log ID:6932

The problem is that there's no entry in the event log.
As my MOSS/IFS server is separate from my DB server, I've configured
Kerberos to avoid the double-hop issue but to no avail.

Any idea where I should look at?

Thanks

--
Franck

S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton

Apr 30, 2007, 2:46:01 AM4/30/07
I think you're right to assume that it has to do with either a permission or
authentication issue. Here are a few suggestions: Check the SharePoint log
files (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\12\LOGS) for any exceptions. Try giving the form full trust (by
digitally signing it with a certificate) and see whether it helps.

Let me know how it goes; it's not only an interesting problem, but a common
one.
---
S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton

rajivranjangiri

Jun 12, 2007, 8:52:03 AM6/12/07
I have used digital certificate and trusted connection but still problem is there and it is:

when you publish this form on a SharePoint (MOSS 2007) server and tries to use it, it gives you an error. The same form worked without any issues before.

1. Go to my Form Library on MOSS.

2. Click on New -> New Document. The InfoPath Forms Services load (Loading Form...) and then a dialog box appears on the browser that says:

Warning

There has been an error while processing the form.

Click Continue to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.

Click Start Over to load a new copy of the form.

Show error details

An error occurred accessing a data source.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.

Log ID:5566

3. I have two options to click: CONTINUE or START OVER. Clicking on CONTINUE will loop from point 1 to point 3 (this point). That is, the error doesn't go away. By clicking on continue, the form loads, but the field where the employee name should be is empty

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

avinashdad

Nov 24, 2007, 12:03:11 AM11/24/07

I am also getting same error. Please share the solution of this problem.
It would be great help for me.

Thanks a lot
Avinash Dad

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

perlofbom

Aug 25, 2008, 6:53:27 AM8/25/08
Hi read Your reply to the above mentioned problem but I can't find a solution for it anywhere. Did You get a reply elsewhere I can share?

Best Regards
Per Löfbom

perlofbom

Aug 25, 2008, 6:57:06 AM8/25/08
I too experience the same problem. Did You get a solution for it. Please share this with me if You can
Best Regards
Per

murugaboopathy

Oct 14, 2008, 12:55:39 AM10/14/08

As mentioned earlier, the issues with site permission.

I have a development PC logged as domain\Developer0977. This PC has Info path and Designer 2007. I created a form (sort of approval form) and published to MOSS SharePoint site. Published URL is opened from my PC it works well.

I logged into MOSS Server ( using server admin login - domain\serveradmin ) and opened the URL, I got the following error:

There has been an error while processing the form.
Click Continue to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.
Click Start Over to load a new copy of the form.

:Show error details

An error occurred accessing a data source.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
Log ID:5566

Logged as domain\Developer0977 in the server and opened the URL, it works well no issues.

Grand user permission to this site and can be accessible over network without any issue.

Reg
Boo

cm

Nov 12, 2008, 5:11:40 AM11/12/08
All solutions mentioned above did not work for me, the following did.

I have got the same error (ID 5566) accessing a datasource list within the same site collection. It worked fine when the dependant dropdown-list was based on a custom list at the root level site. But when it was created at another level, the problems started. When I changed my managed path from "Explicit Inclusion" to "Wildcard Inclusion" everything started working.

Maybe someone can explain this to me...

arvinharinarain

Oct 27, 2009, 6:28:53 AM10/27/09
I have experienced the same problem when populating a drop down from SQL in infopath. When adding the datasource to infopath use a SQL authentication account with dbRead (user name and password sent as plain text so min sercurity permissions is recommended) access to the database.when using windows authentication it fails from a client machine.

N.B also set the options for infopath in central admin to use embedded sql connection.

Franck wrote:

InfoPath browser in MOSS: error occurred accessing a data source
27-Apr-07

Thanks

--
Franck