FtpCtrs error in Event log ID 1000

Paul Goodrich

Sep 14, 2003, 2:49:12 PM9/14/03
Hi I have received this error a few times in my event log and I am not quite
sure what it is and if I need to do anything to fix it. I have done a few
searches and come up empty:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: FTPCtrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 9/11/2003
Time: 6:11:09 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxx
Unable to collect the FTP performance statistics. The error code returned
by the service is data DWORD 0.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:
Data:
0000: 26 04 00 00 &...

Any thoughts?

Thank You,

Paul Goodrich

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

Sep 14, 2003, 3:26:01 PM9/14/03
See if any of these help:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&source=FTPCtrs

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

"Paul Goodrich" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Paul Goodrich

Sep 14, 2003, 9:28:25 PM9/14/03
Thank You Jonathan. This did answer the question. I am not sure how or why
my FTP service would be stopped. Unless this is referring to the actual ftp
site being stopped in the IIS MMC, as I only start the actual ftp site when
I need it. Do you know if this is referring to the actual service in the
services mmc or the ftp site itself?

Regards,

Paul Goodrich

"Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]" <jma...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

Paul Goodrich

Sep 15, 2003, 5:22:24 PM9/15/03
Ok, Thanks. In that case I guess I can ignore the error, because I only
start the site when I need. No worries then. Thanks for the link, that is
a great site I had never seen before.

Regards,

Paul Goodrich

"Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]" <jma...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Tim Coffey

Sep 22, 2003, 5:04:00 AM9/22/03
These events are benign. It is having to do with loading the performance counters for the particular instance.

Thank you. I hope this information is helpful.

Tim Coffey [MSFT]

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.