IIS 6 and Perl Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 2

Pat Coon

Jan 7, 2005, 3:32:33 PM1/7/05
Hi all,

Config:

W2k3
IIS 6.0
PHP 4.3.10
Perl 5.8.6.811
ASP.NET 1.14322

Problem:

migrating from iis5 to iis6 with the iis 6.0 migrations tool.

on the iis5 everithing works fine with perl.

on the iis6 i configured all the stuff like applications mapping ".cgi,
.pl" whit the "s% "s%..etc...

if i call the cgi file "counter" in my browser directly it works.
somthing like http://domain/cgi-bin/counter.cgi

if i include the script in a html, shtml file. i become a error.
Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 2
Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 3

the code in the shtml file looks like this.

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/counter.cgi" -->

any ideas

thx pat

Joris Dobbelsteen

Jan 10, 2005, 11:44:20 AM1/10/05
"Pat Coon" <nos...@world.org> wrote in message
> [snip]

> if i include the script in a html, shtml file. i become a error.
> Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 2
> Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 3
> [snip]

The system cannot find the file/path specified...
(according to Win32 Error Code)

- Joris