IIS ERROR 403 7 5 Forbidden because a client certificate is required

dinod...@community.nospam

Feb 19, 2009, 5:52:35 AM2/19/09
Dear newsgroup,

We have a problem with SSL certificate autentification.
We have an asp.net solution in our IIS server and we use SSL certifiacte
autentification.
All is ok for the 99% of users but we have an user (important company) that
cannot use our web because IIS ask double times for the certificate and then
don't show the page.
thye error in the log is:

IIS ERROR 403 7 5 Forbidden because a client certificate is required.

If i use user and password autentification all is ok.

WenJun Zhang[msft]

Feb 20, 2009, 4:31:38 AM2/20/09

Please ask the user to open his IE Internet options->content->certificates.
In the personal tab, has his client certificate be properly listed? Also
please ensure the words 'You have a private key that corresponds to this
certificate.' exist. This means the cert's priviate key is correctly
installed which is required for SSL handshake.

I look forward to your update.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

msd...@microsoft.com.

dinod...@community.nospam

Feb 23, 2009, 11:32:53 AM2/23/09

The user have in the personal TAB the certificate and we find the words

'You have a private key that corresponds to this certificate.

I think the problem is a proxy or a firewal problem because if the user try
our internet page with another internet access all its ok.
""WenJun Zhang[msft]"" <wjz...@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:oH$YU4zkJ...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...

WenJun Zhang[msft]

Feb 24, 2009, 1:53:40 AM2/24/09

Thanks for the update. If there is any further issue we can assist on IIS
side, please don't hesitate to follow up here.

Have a nice day.

dinod...@community.nospam

Feb 24, 2009, 9:41:48 AM2/24/09
The problem is not solved because they have to use the other internet
access.

Thank's

""WenJun Zhang[msft]"" <wjz...@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel

messaggio news:T%23Ubnykl...@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...

Daniel Crichton

Mar 2, 2009, 8:35:32 AM3/2/09
This suggests that the problem is at their end with their firewall and/or
connection configuration, there is nothing you can do in your IIS settings
if the client certificate is being removed by something at their end.

Dan