Accidently Deleted .dll file handler

Need Help Badly:) ISAPI

Apr 19, 2016, 9:54:41 PM4/19/16
Hi All

In removing a Lotus Isapi filter we accidnetly removed the ISAPI-DLL from the Managed Handlers. Causing all sorts of issues.

When trying to put it back its giving an error of "The executable specified for the ISAPIMOdule should be a .dll file

I assume this error is because no dll file is specified as it's some sort of out of the box ISAPI filter.

Can Anyone recommend a way to get it back, perhaps via script instead of through the IIS 7 gui.

Thanks

orolenca...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2020, 8:05:43 PM4/23/20
I know this is an old posting, but I also accidentally removed the ISAPI-DLL handler, and I found absolutely no solution searching the Internet. To save others from the same futile search, I did find this documented in the IIS Resource Kit.

The handlers are defined in:

C:\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config.

Scroll down to <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Execute, Script"> section. Therein add the following entry:

<add name="ISAPI-dll" path="*.dll" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" resourceType="File" requireAccess="Execute" allowPathInfo="true" />

Order probably doesn't matter, but after ASPClassic is where the missing handler (if you deleted it as I did) originally resided.

Brian Barnhart

Nov 23, 2022, 11:10:19 AM11/23/22
I had to reply just to say thanks for this! I had a similar issue and couldn't find anything to help.
Your solution did the trick.

Wallace Vidal

Apr 6, 2023, 12:35:56 PM4/6/23
Thank you so much!