Cannot find iisadmin.mfl durring IIS 6.0 Install

Eric Snyder

May 25, 2005, 7:14:40 AM5/25/05
I have a clean W2K3 SP1 machine and via the Mange Your Server app, I am
trying to install IIS. I keeps looking for several files that are not on
the CD, or in the Service pack, one of which I have listed in the subject.
I have searched Microsoft, MSN, and google with the only reference showing
up to a probelm with mofcomp.exe and service pack 1:
http://tinyurl.com/8k8mu.

Has anyone else seen this, know where I can get some info, or have a fix?

Thanks!

Eric Snyder

May 25, 2005, 7:35:17 AM5/25/05
the other files are:

iisadmin.mof
adsutil.vbs
asp.mfl
w3core.mfl
w3dt.mfl
w3dt.mof
w3isapi.mfl
achg.asp
aexp2b.asp
aexp4b.asp
iispwchg.dll

If I try the install from Add/Remove - Windows Components without selecting
ASP.NET, I can cancel the file, tell it to continue without the file, and it
appears to work, but I need to go back and manually install Active Server
Pages and Internet Data Connector and ASP.NET. What is missing from the
manual install that occurs with the wizard version?

"Eric Snyder" <esn...@nospam.pepehazard.com> wrote in message

Smoothey@discussions.microsoft.com Antony Smoothey

Jul 1, 2005, 5:20:01 AM7/1/05
I had this problem too and also couldn't find any answers in the usual
sources, but in a flash of inspiration worked out a 'fix':

Firstly to describe my circumstances (incase different from yours):

Windows 2003 installed with SP1 manually installed AFTER.

Got a prompt for the file iisadmin.mfl (and a few others after) that couldnt
be located on the win2k3 cd.

I released as it was prompting for the CD 'Windows 2003 SP1' that it was a
file that was included in the service pack but not in the original OS cd. As
I didnt have a copy of 2003 with sp1 slipstreamed into it to hand I extracted
the service pack files to the harddisk and pointed the file dialog to that
location and it worked just fine.

I doubt you get this problem if you used a slipstreamed copy of win 2003 +
sp1.

Hope this helps if you hadn't already worked it out

Thanks

Ant

Antony Smoothey
antony....@SPAMMERSDIEINPAINhml.co.uk
MCSE 2003 etc etc

dpriches

Jul 1, 2005, 10:44:16 AM7/1/05

I had the same problem yesterday. If you don't have a slipstreamed
install CD, you can fix it by:

1. Running the W2K3S SP1 install package
2. Copying the temporary I386 directory it creates to a safe location
3. Cancel the install wizard
4. At the add/remove program prompt for IISADMIN.mfl, point it to the
i386 safe location

--
dpriches
dpriches's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=394

zhu peter

Jul 4, 2005, 4:58:26 AM7/4/05
I have this problom too!!!

Mehvash

Apr 28, 2006, 1:54:38 AM4/28/06
install Service Pack 1 for Win2k3 (if you dont have it) and then point the folder location to the ServicePackFiles folder.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/59_2005_5_0_0_527277/Cannot-find-iisadmin-mfl-durring-IIS-6-0-Install.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com

Malik Adeel imtiaz

Jun 10, 2006, 7:48:38 AM6/10/06
dear all,
IISADMIN.mfl
you can download this file or copy this file from Windows 2003 R1 cd just insert this CD and browes that file..
every thing will be fine..
Peace
Regards
MAI

SNAIT

Jun 3, 2008, 6:21:41 AM6/3/08
Hello Everybody,

Uper post are wrong, because you need:

=>Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition CD<=

On this CD is everithing what you need to instal IIS 6.0!

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/59_2005_5_0_0_527277/Cannot- find-iisadmin-mfl-durring-IIS-6-0-Install.htm

abenne...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2014, 5:25:20 AM7/17/14
Everyone. If this is still a problem, the iisadmin.mlf and the convlog.exe are located in C:\Windows\Servicepackfiles\i386 directory. Point the installer window to that local and it will install without further notice. I did a search on the Windows Server 2003 CD1 and 2 and could not find iisadmin.mfl. Hope this helps.