Cant delete and upload the files on the FTP server

Warren Smith

Aug 8, 2004, 10:01:04 PM8/8/04
Dear All,

I got a trouble to upload the files to the FTP server. I created a FTP
server and set up my account to full control all folders on the FTP server.
If i type ftp://www.mydomain.com , it pops up a small windows to enter my
user name and account. I can log in successfully and browse all the
folders....However, when i am trying to delete a file, I got an error msg:
"An error occured deleting the file or folder on the FTP server. Make sure
you have permission to access this folder." Details: 550 word document:
Access is denied....

I tried to upload another file to the server and got another error msg: "An
error occurred copying a file to the FTP server, Make suer you have
permission to put files on the server. Details: 200 Type set to I. 200 Port
Command successful. 550 New.txt: Access is denied. ...

I do believe these issues are related to the user's access right. I have set
up my account as a "Full control" right..any suggestion is appreciated.

Cheers,

Warren

Paul Lynch

Aug 9, 2004, 6:05:20 AM8/9/04

Warren,

You either don't have sufficient IIS or NTFS permissions to perform
the required file operations. Check that you have the Write permission
in IIS on the FTP directory in question.

Regards,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

Warren Smith

Aug 13, 2004, 12:58:45 AM8/13/04
Tks, Paul. You are a champion, it's working very well now. Warren
"Paul Lynch" <paul....@nospam.com> wrote in message

tomding

Aug 24, 2004, 2:16:55 PM8/24/04
hi,paul:

I meet same question.
I use IIS5 on windows2k,and grant full control to rootfolder and subfolder
for usergroup and administrator,and set write in IIS5 and virtual directory.
when I access with IE on the FTP Server,upload and delete is fine. But when
I try from an orther computer by administrator/usergraoup in the domain, it
alway pop a message "550 access is denied",why?
does I need to set Pass-Through on the ftpserver?if I add virtual directory
,need set Pass-Through ?
thanx.

"Paul Lynch" <paul....@nospam.com> ????

Alun Jones [MSFT]

Sep 1, 2004, 1:14:38 PM9/1/04
> From: tomding <tomdi...@163.com>
>
> and as more about above, the IIS5.0 is run on the ftp server
> proxyserver2.yjs.dlj.net. I access the ftp server with yjs\administrator
who has full
> control for all folders. the two files attached is log for IISftp and
filemon.
> I can not find any "denied " in the filemon log.
> any suggest is welcome.thanks.
>
> In article <OH2NUYgi...@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, tomdi...@163.com
says...

> > hi,paul:
> >
> > I meet same question.
> > I use IIS5 on windows2k,and grant full control to rootfolder and
subfolder
> > for usergroup and administrator,and set write in IIS5 and virtual
directory.
> > when I access with IE on the FTP Server,upload and delete is fine. But
when
> > I try from an orther computer by administrator/usergraoup in the
domain, it
> > alway pop a message "550 access is denied",why?
> > does I need to set Pass-Through on the ftpserver?if I add virtual
directory
> > ,need set Pass-Through ?

Are you certain that you are really connecting to the same FTP server?

Try using the IP address, instead of the server's name, to connect to it.

Also, try using an FTP client other than Internet Explorer, which tends to
hide a lot of error-tracking information. I tend to use the command-line
FTP client, ftp.exe, when I do most of my troubleshooting.

Alun.
~~~~

tomding

Sep 9, 2004, 1:52:11 AM9/9/04
Under FTP command shell,get a file is ok,but when put a file to remote,it
tell me "550 access is denied".

""Alun Jones [MSFT]"" <al...@online.microsoft.com> 写入邮件

Alun Jones [MSFT]

Sep 9, 2004, 12:40:07 PM9/9/04
I can't reproduce this here, and the log that you attached shows only one
logon.

Please try to produce a log that shows both logons - the local one, and the
remote one. Make sure that the times in the logs (which are in GMT) match
up against the time that you made the requests.

Denial of access does not check at all to see what IP address you are coming
from, so my concern about your being unable to upload files when you connect
from a remote site is that you may not be connecting to the same FTP server.
Don't forget, too, that it's possible to have one FTP server bound to
"127.0.0.1", which will respond if you run "ftp localhost" from the command
prompt, and another bound to your machine's external IP address (or "all
unassigned addresses") that will respond to external connections. Make sure
that you are connecting to the same FTP server at both times. One way to
ensure this is to put something memorable in the banner / welcome messages,
and ensure that this is displayed by your FTP client when you log on in both
instances.

Alun.
~~~~

"tomding" <tomdi...@163.com> wrote in message

Bernard

Sep 10, 2004, 12:30:38 AM9/10/04
It fixed. due to ISA2004 ftp publishing. not related to IIS FTP.
replied him at .cn.iis newsgroup.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah