Microsoft FTP Service for IIS 7.0 - FTP Data channel port range greyed out?

boe

Jul 27, 2008, 1:11:31 AM7/27/08
Hello,

I have a 2008 x 64 server wit the new Microsoft FTP Service for IIS 7.0
installed on it. If I turn off windows firewall everything works fine. If
I turn it on ftp doesn't work but http does. I previously could just add
inetinfo to my exception list in windows firewall but the new Microsoft FTP
Service for IIS 7.0 doesn't use inetinfo for ftp services. It starts in
services with "C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k ftpsvc" . I can't add
svchost to the exception list for windows firewall.

Within the new IIS7 MGR under FTP management - you can open FTP firewall
support and just add your company firwewall for passive connectivity
unfortunately on mine the Data Channel Port Range is greyed out so I can't
add the port range - any guess on why it is greyed out?

Bernard Cheah [MVP]

Aug 12, 2008, 2:57:04 AM8/12/08
Have you review the articles here ?
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/309/configuring-ftp-firewall-settings/

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

"boe" <bo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ftm...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2018, 4:42:56 PM9/3/18
Jo - nice, what the others wrote!
- like a link to microsoft!:

There, you'll find:
"Go to IIS 7 Manager. In the Connections pane, click the server-level node in the tree."

But! :
1.) if you visited hundreds of there sites! - you maybe don't see the difference

Of course not! because there is NO ! information about a different way
to open the firewall settings! Thank's to Microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you chose / click on your ftp site and than open teh firewall settings,
it's greyed out!
If you DON't click onn your ftp site - just click on the above level,
- and THAN go to the firewall settings - it's NOT greyes out !!!
You can make your settings without any problems!!!

Many many thanks to Microsft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After i searched many ours for that "greyed out",

I found the advice here:
http://xgunheex.blogspot.com/2014/01/blog-post.html

Again: thanks to Microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!