ASP 0224 error with ASP & ADO

Peter Bailey

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99

I'am trying to get to data held in an Access Database from my ASP page via
ADO

as step (1) I put in my ASP page the Metadata tag
<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" FILE="C:\Program Files\Common
Files\system\ado\msado15.dll" -->

but now as soon as I access this page I get

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0224'
Cannot load TypeLib
/reading.asp, line 1
Cannot load Type Library specified in the METADATA tag.

I do have ADO 2.1 installed

Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO

10/06/99 00:00 340,752 MSADO15.DLL
1 File(s) 340,752 bytes

(loaded directly from the Microsoft site).. but I cannot get the sample
to work!

any ideas? or even where to start looking ??
--

Peb (Peter Bailey)

We are all in the gutter.. but some of us are looking at the stars

Chadwick Posey

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99
I can't be sure, but my guess is that the IUSR_<machinename> user on your
server doesn't have read permission to the specified directory. My guess is
because it's running in the IUSR context, the directory has to have those
permissions...

Peter Bailey <Peter.E...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Peter Bailey

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99

Give that man a cigar ! that was _exactly_ the problem

I've updated the access rights and it all works just fine

thnk you VERY much!

Chadwick Posey <cpo...@poseyconsulting.com> wrote in message