HELP - Microsoft OLEDB Persistence Provider error '80004005'

Intermedia.NET Support (PAS)

Nov 12, 2001, 6:06:06 AM11/12/01
Hello,

Microsoft gives a number of reasons and explanations for "unspecified error" in
relation to ADO/ODBC. The following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles give a
very likely cause for this error:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q234/2/18.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q183/0/60.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q180/8/43.asp

Often when a live database is replaced, open recordsets cannot be properly
closed by the system. To fix the problem try to restart your virtual server
after updating the database to reset all open connections.

For more information we recommend you searching Microsoft Knowledge Base at:

http://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,
--
Intermedia.NET (PAS)