HttpSendRequest : Error 12029?

Caitlyn Hay

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
I have PWS installed locally on my NT machine. If I stopped the PWS
service, and run my wininet code, everything would be fine (no indication of
error) until it hit the call HttpSendRequest. In which case, a return value
of FALSE would result. Now, I have two questions:

1. Why do the wininet calls prior to HttpSendRequest (such as
InternetConnect, and HttpOpenRequest) report no error at all? I guess it is
because we're trying to connect to a localhost, and even if the service is
down, it can always find it. Can somebody confirm this?

2. After HttpSendRequest returns a value of FALSE, I called GetLastError,
and get a value of 12029? What is this error?

TIA
cait

A S Kabir

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
1. InternetConnect and HttpOpenRequest are setting up the connection.
However, it is only until you do HttpSendRequest that any data is actually
sent to the destination.

2. 12029 stands for ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT. All 12xxx errors are
defined in wininet.h; search for ERROR_INTERNET_*

"Caitlyn Hay" <cai...@hotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message