Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea' when using function

Rebecca Howley

Mar 21, 2002, 12:36:47 PM3/21/02
Hi, I'm getting this error on an ASP, the full error message is:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/Geomedia_Web/Content/Build/QryReportBuild.inc, line 353

Public Function GetConnectionIndex(varConnectionDefs,
strConnectionName)
-------^

(This doesn't show up right in the message, the ^ is actually under
the F in Function.)
This is the entire result of the ASP, even though other things are
supposed to happen (ie straight HTML code) before the function is used
here:
***CODE******
slngConnectionIndex = GetConnectionIndex(svarConnectionDefs,
sstrConnectionName)
ConnectDataSources sobjMapServer, svarConnectionDefs
***End CODE***

Here is the code of the function itself:
***CODE***
Public Function GetConnectionIndex(varConnectionDefs,
strConnectionName)

Dim lng
Dim lngResult
Response.Write("Got to public function")

lngResult = -1
For lng = LBound(varConnectionDefs) To UBound(varConnectionDefs)
If varConnectionDefs(lng)(0) = strConnectionName Then
lngResult=lng
Exit For
End If
Next
GetConnectionIndex = lngResult

End Function
***End CODE***

More information: This ASP used to work fine. I changed some things in
the code, NOTHING in the code referenced above, and now I get an
error. I went back to the original file, and it still works perfectly.
Any idea why I'm getting this error? And why is this the only thing
that shows up on my page - why does it not execute any of my HTML code
that comes before this function is used?

Thank you!

Rebecca

Michael Harris

Mar 21, 2002, 1:02:57 PM3/21/02
Any chance you have inadvertently done an incude of the file that contains this code from *within* the body of another Sub or Function or that a preceding Sub/Function within the include file is missing its End Sub/Function statement.

The simple (bad) example below throws the same '800a03ea' error...

public function foo()

'...

public function bar()

'...

end function

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Bill Wallace

Mar 21, 2002, 1:35:08 PM3/21/02
Could this be the problem?
If varConnectionDefs(lng)(0) = ...

Should it be:
If varConnectionDefs(lng,0) = ... ?

I did this script client side and I don't
get the same error but it definitely didn't
like the array(x)(y) syntax(?). It does work
with array(x,y).

Dim arrayOne(10,10)
For i = 0 to 10
For j = 0 to 10
arrayOne(i,j) = "A" & CStr(i) & CStr(j)
Next
Next

Function Test(arrayTwo, myVar)
For x = LBound(arrayTwo) to UBound(arrayTwo)
For y = LBound(arrayTwo,2) to UBound(arrayTwo,2)
'If arrayTwo(x)(y) = myVar Then
If arrayTwo(x,y) = myVar Then
myResult = "x= " & x & vbCrLf & "y= " & y
blnQuit = True

Exit For
End If
Next

If blnQuit Then

Exit For
End If
Next

Test = myResult
End Function

strMsg = Test(arrayOne,txt1.value)
MsgBox(strMSg)

hth,
Bill Wallace

Michael Harris

Mar 21, 2002, 2:47:55 PM3/21/02
Not likely...

varConnectionDefs would appear to be a 2D array defined in code not included in the original post...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Bill Wallace

Mar 22, 2002, 3:24:12 AM3/22/02
Ahhh, interesing. An array of arrays, I have never used
it ... I had to find it in the VB docs. But you are right, I'm wrong :)

Bill Wallace

"Michael Harris" <mik...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Michael Harris

Mar 22, 2002, 2:19:43 PM3/22/02
I probably should have used the term "ragged array" since an array or arrays isn't a true 2D array...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Alex K. Angelopoulos

Mar 22, 2002, 2:35:36 PM3/22/02
Huh?
It's not a 2D array, but it's not a sparse array - what describes a "ragged" array?

Michael Harris

Mar 22, 2002, 3:17:30 PM3/22/02
A ragged array is one where each "row" can have a variable number of "columns". In other words, it isn't necessarily rectangular or symmetrical.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Alex K. Angelopoulos

Mar 22, 2002, 3:51:40 PM3/22/02
I can't believe I never encountered that term. More a CS concept than math, though, so maybe it's not surprising

Joe Fawcett

Mar 23, 2002, 2:51:16 AM3/23/02
Don't they call it 'jagged array'? Just an early Saturday morning post. Got
up early with the kids and I'm bored...
Joe

"Alex K. Angelopoulos" <alex_angelopoulos_at_hotmail_dot_com_remove__> wrote
in message news:O39xONe0BHA.2536@tkmsftngp05...

Alex K. Angelopoulos

Mar 23, 2002, 6:40:33 AM3/23/02
Looks like; I looked this up and the (r/j)agged arrays also appear to be the physical form in which sparse arrays are stored. In the case of a sparse matrix, the elements of course have information associated which is a pointer to the "real" coordinates for the element.

"Joe Fawcett" <j...@rightway.co.uk> wrote in message news:e739t$j0BHA.2596@tkmsftngp03...
: Don't they call it 'jagged array'? Just an early Saturday morning post. Got

: > >
: > >
: >
: >
: >
:
:
:
:
:
:

Bill Wallace

Mar 24, 2002, 12:02:09 PM3/24/02
aha!

"Alex K. Angelopoulos" <alex_angelopoulos_at_hotmail_dot_com_remove__> wrote in

message news:#rcQ89l0BHA.2692@tkmsftngp04...

Rebecca Howley

Mar 25, 2002, 1:30:51 PM3/25/02
Thanks for your help. Your answer was almost right and got me looking
on the right track - I was missing an End With statement.

~Rebecca

"Michael Harris" <mik...@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<ueovRKQ0BHA.1900@tkmsftngp02>...

> Any chance you have inadvertently done an incude of the file that
> contains this code from *within* the body of another Sub or Function or
> that a preceding Sub/Function within the include file is missing its End
> Sub/Function statement.
>
> The simple (bad) example below throws the same '800a03ea' error...
>
> public function foo()
>
> '...
>
> public function bar()
>
> '...
>
> end function
>

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US
> --
>
> "Rebecca Howley" <almo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm getting this error on an ASP, the full error message is:
> >
> > Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'
> >
> > Syntax error
> >

> > /Geomedia Web/Content/Build/QryReportBuild.inc, line 353

azaaz.e...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 1:39:48 PM10/23/13
ur gay