client not connecting to cube

2020

Nov 11, 2009, 9:03:01 PM11/11/09

I am trying to connect GP client to cube server that is installed. In the
excel pivot table setup window in GP I fill in the two fields:
" Default SQL Server 2005 Analysis Server" field: DS-SRV-01\GP_Cubes
" Default Analysis Server OLAP Database" field: GP Analysis Cubes

I am able to connect from Excel to the Cubes. I am not able to browse from
fields out to the Sql Server to pull correct field entries.

I am getting a cannot connect to GP Analysis Cubes .... error.

Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

GPDavid

Nov 13, 2009, 11:16:01 AM11/13/09
Did you change the default name of the Analysis Server OLAP database during
the install?

Typically, the install creates an SSAS database called "Dynamics GP Analysis
Cubes" and not just "GP Analysis Cubes" as you have typed.