Error accessing sql data after GP 10 upgrade

Glenn_Lasowski

Nov 11, 2008, 4:35:01 PM11/11/08
We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing
sql data" when I try to print modified reports. Any ideas on how to fix
without remaking the reports?

Mohammad R. Daoud

Nov 11, 2008, 4:44:11 PM11/11/08
Glenn,

Did you import the modified reports using customization maintenance or just
used the upgraded version? if you didn't you will need to re-import.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

Glenn_Lasowski

Nov 12, 2008, 2:34:11 PM11/12/08
I have tried to re-import the report but it fails and says that there are
problems with the dictionaries.

Mariano Gomez

Nov 12, 2008, 3:36:05 PM11/12/08
Glen,

Did you check the list of reports that would not upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0?
Try exporting a package file from v10. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools >
Customize > Customization Maintenance; highlight all the customizations, then
click on the Export button. Provide a name, i.e., Customizations.Package.

Exit GP and delete your FORMS.DIC and REPORTS.DIC files found in the Program
Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data directory. If your modified forms and
reports dictionaries are shared on a server, have all users exit the system
and delete from that location.

Open GP and import the package file. This will create a fresh FORMS.DIC and
a fresh REPORTS.DIC file in the location specified in the DYNAMICS.SET file.

Try to run your reports again. If you get the same error, I am afraid you
will have to delete the report in question, then rebuild because most likely
there was a change in the table (perhaps a column got removed or renamed)
that is being used by the report. You can also verify this by editing your
DEX.INI file and setting:

SQLLogODBCMessages=TRUE
SQLLogSQLStmt=TRUE

This in turn will create a DEXSQL.LOG file that you can use to check on the
specific error being generated.

Best regards,
--
MG.-