Script error found during opening Dynamics

Kane

Aug 17, 2009, 12:02:01 PM8/17/09
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user
who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script
Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this
page"

Line: 335
Char: 6
Error: The data is invalid
Code: 0

I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get
rid of this message during loading Dynamics.

I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "Do you want to
continue running scripts on this page?". How can I fix it, what is the
problem?

Thanks!
--
Kane

Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008

Aug 17, 2009, 12:27:01 PM8/17/09
Most probably rights. Does the user have full unrestricted rights to create,
update, and delete tables in this folder?

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Mariano Gomez

Aug 17, 2009, 1:51:01 PM8/17/09
As Richard mentioned, this error is typical due to lack of permissions on the
temp folder.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

Kane

Aug 17, 2009, 4:58:03 PM8/17/09
I checked the folder permission against the user, she has full access to this
folder. She can write and delete files from this folder.

--
Kane

Mariano Gomez

Aug 17, 2009, 6:23:01 PM8/17/09
Now, let's make sure we are talking about the same temp folder.

1) Close all applications on the user workstation
2) Go to Start > Run then type %temp%

That's the folder you should clear all temp files for and that's the folder
that the user needs to have proper permissions assigned for.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

Alan

Aug 21, 2009, 12:43:39 PM8/21/09
I'm having the same error with one of my users. I have deleted
everything in the %temp% directory and made sure he has full access to
it and he is still getting the error. I have watched the temp
directory as he is loading GP and I see files being created but the
error is still happening. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks,

Alan

On Aug 17, 5:23 pm, Mariano Gomez

<MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Now, let's make sure we are talking about the same temp folder.
>
> 1) Close all applications on the user workstation
> 2) Go to Start > Run then type %temp%
>
> That's the folder you should clear all temp files for and that's the folder
> that the user needs to have proper permissions assigned for.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

> Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster athttp://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

> "Kane" wrote:
> > I checked the folder permission against the user, she has full access to this
> > folder.  She can write and delete files from this folder.
>
> > --
> > Kane
>
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > > As Richard mentioned, this error is typical due to lack of permissions on the
> > > temp folder.
>
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > >http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster athttp://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

LS

Oct 26, 2009, 12:14:03 PM10/26/09
I have full permissions, and have cleared the %temp% folder. This did not
happen until I did the Windows updates (Vista) Nothing more than a BIG OLD
PAIN !!
THANKS

drose03

Oct 27, 2009, 9:50:01 AM10/27/09
Hey,

We have a user who's receiving this exact error. It actually pops up
everytime the GP homepage is displayed or whenever you switch homepages of
any modules. She has full control to the %temp% folder, and all of the files
have been deleted from that folder. You can actually see files being created
when GP is launched. Does anyone else have any thoughts on what other
methods could correct this or be causing this?

Thanks!

joshhundsrucker

Nov 9, 2009, 2:18:52 PM11/9/09
Has anyone found the solution to this? I am having the same issue with a user. He has full permission, the temp folder is empty and it still occurs.

drose03 wrote:

Hey,We have a user who is receiving this exact error.
27-Oct-09

Hey,

We have a user who is receiving this exact error. It actually pops up

everytime the GP homepage is displayed or whenever you switch homepages of
any modules. She has full control to the %temp% folder, and all of the files
have been deleted from that folder. You can actually see files being created
when GP is launched. Does anyone else have any thoughts on what other
methods could correct this or be causing this?

Thanks!

"LS" wrote:

Beer - Words To Live By
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8c4ba353-b6b8-457b-9c25-7085092dc09c/beer--words-to-live-by.aspx

Douglas Soltesz

Oct 3, 2011, 4:17:38 PM10/3/11
My users were getting the same error running GP2010 SP2 and trying to access the report menu.

It turns out that the fix was to create a different directory in the user's profile.

Once we created
c:\documents and settings\username\application data\microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData

Everything worked fine. For some reason GP needs that folder UserData to be created to run reports, even though the script error points to another location.

Doug

PS. If your using roaming profiles, you will need to add that directory to where ever you keep the profile when the user is logged out.