Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expansion

Carrie

Sep 7, 2008, 10:33:03 PM9/7/08
I purchased Age of Mythology for the sole purpose of playing a friend online.
I installed game with the product key that was provided. (The game was
purchased at Staples and is a Microsoft version.) I try to get online and it
says that it can not validate my cd key and I need to wait a few minutes. I
did some research on this and was told that my cd key was probably one that
was mass produced, and that I should try to buy another copy. Which I did.
I bought a Age of Mythology with the Titans Expansion from Gamestop, also a
Microsoft version. I uninstalled the first version that I had and proceeded
to install the new version of Age of Mythology and then installed the Titans
Expansion. I still get the same message as before when I try to play online.
CD cannot be validated please wait a few minutes. Please email me a new
product key so that I can play this game as I intended to when I bought it.
I have spent money on 2 copies and am getting frustrated that I cannot play
online, which was the only reason I bought the game.

I recently looked at the product keys on both of the Age of Mythology
booklets...and they are the SAME.

Olórin

Sep 10, 2008, 6:59:31 AM9/10/08
"Carrie" <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Other folk are finding this; have a look at the thread "Cd key cannot be
verified-Age of mythology and titans" in the group
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.games" for more discussion.

Essentially, it would appear that "All games recently sold have the same CD
key. Because of this, none of us can play online" and the verdict seems to
be to contact the publisher of your game and ask for a new key - hope you
have receipt(s) as they may ask for proof of purchase.

Wimpie

Sep 13, 2008, 11:19:02 AM9/13/08
I have the same problem so I contacted the publisher UBISOFT. They are aware
of the problem but they can't give another cd key - they advised me to take
contact with Microsoft. Then I tried to do that and then they asked for the
PID code. When you enter this code you get the message : the two free
supports are used and you have to pay ....
So I gave Up (these are the services of Ubisoft en Microsoft).

Cacolaco

Oct 27, 2008, 2:08:11 PM10/27/08
I purchase a Microsoft published copy of Age of Mythology at Wal-Mart
yesterday, and the cd-key couldn't be validated. Assuming that someone was
already using the key illegally, I exchanged it at Wal-Mart for the exact
same thing.

Turns out that one had the same key.

So what now? Am I out the cost of the game? Microsoft phone support says
that they don't support that game anymore. They directed me to email
support, so I used the url on the back of the game for Microsoft Support, and
guess what? I can't find Age of Mythology on there.

vhsuvhsxv jddfghef

Oct 28, 2008, 4:37:41 AM10/28/08
Hi Cacolaco,

You are a victim of the mass-produced CD key fore mentioned.
This is simply a CD key which, for reasons unknown, has been produced many
times.
You need to contact Ubisoft and get a new CD key from them, but you may have
to give proof of purchase (receipt, essentially)

-Dante

On 27/10/2008 18:08, in article
489A174B-B06B-44C3...@microsoft.com, "Cacolaco"

Alpert

Oct 29, 2008, 12:48:01 AM10/29/08
Hi!... i'm kind a dessperate here... i have the same problem of massive CD
key that every one had... :S how can i do to get a new and unique one???

Can someone from "Microsoft Support Team" help me? or... help us :S
because a lot of people have the same problem and i cannot see posts whit
help :(

Olórin

Oct 29, 2008, 7:03:45 AM10/29/08
"Alpert" <Alp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

1) Please cross-post instead of multi-posting.
2) No need to keep hijacking others' threads AND starting your own.
3) There have been anwers both here and in the other groups you've posted
to. Have you tried them?
4) Questions posted to these groups are responded to by volunteers who may
or may not be employees of Microsoft (mostly not) and may or may not have MS
MVP status (mostly not). We are NOT the "Microsoft Support Team", but just
folk who like to help out others on our own time.

Etal

Oct 31, 2008, 10:14:29 PM10/31/08
Cacolaco wrote:

> I purchase a Microsoft published copy of Age of Mythology at Wal-Mart
> yesterday, and the cd-key couldn't be validated. Assuming that someone was
> already using the key illegally, I exchanged it at Wal-Mart for the exact
> same thing.
>
> Turns out that one had the same key.
>
> So what now? Am I out the cost of the game? Microsoft phone support says
> that they don't support that game anymore. They directed me to email
> support, so I used the url on the back of the game for Microsoft Support, and
> guess what? I can't find Age of Mythology on there.

'Age of Mythology' seems to have been republished with the same
identical Product-key supplied in every box sold, leading to
problems when trying to connect to and play multi-player on the
online-servers.

Directions on how to proceed for the various re-publishers,
/Ubisoft/ - /Xplosive/ - /Valuesoft/ , can be found at the forums
of the 'Age of Mythology Heaven' website:

<http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,25980,,10>

dalker

Mar 7, 2009, 10:30:01 PM3/7/09
Hi I recently purchased a age of mythology game (from target) and i have the
same problem i bought the game so that i could play online but when i try to
sign in it says: "your cd key cannot currently be validated please wait a few
minutes and try again.." so could you please send me a new CD code..?

tomlasusa

Jan 18, 2010, 11:05:51 PM1/18/10
i dont know the answer to your problem but i need the mass produced cdkey so i can install the game i dont intend to play online so if you would be so kind enough to post the code i will be able to play again thank you.

Ol?rin wrote:

Re: Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expan
29-Oct-08

"Alpert" <Alp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

1) Please cross-post instead of multi-posting.

2) No need to keep hijacking others' threads AND starting your own.
3) There have been anwers both here and in the other groups you've posted
to. Have you tried them?
4) Questions posted to these groups are responded to by volunteers who may
or may not be employees of Microsoft (mostly not) and may or may not have MS
MVP status (mostly not). We are NOT the "Microsoft Support Team", but just
folk who like to help out others on our own time.

On Sunday, September 07, 2008 10:33 PM
Carri wrote:

[...]

On Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:59 AM
Ol?rin wrote:

Re: Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expansion

"Carrie" <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Other folk are finding this; have a look at the thread "Cd key cannot be

verified-Age of mythology and titans" in the group
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.games" for more discussion.

Essentially, it would appear that "All games recently sold have the same CD
key. Because of this, none of us can play online" and the verdict seems to
be to contact the publisher of your game and ask for a new key - hope you
have receipt(s) as they may ask for proof of purchase.

On Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:19 AM
Wimpi wrote:

I have the same problem so I contacted the publisher UBISOFT.
I have the same problem so I contacted the publisher UBISOFT. They are aware
of the problem but they can't give another cd key - they advised me to take
contact with Microsoft. Then I tried to do that and then they asked for the
PID code. When you enter this code you get the message : the two free
supports are used and you have to pay ....
So I gave Up (these are the services of Ubisoft en Microsoft).

"Ol??rin" wrote:

On Monday, October 27, 2008 2:08 PM
Cacolac wrote:

I purchase a Microsoft published copy of Age of Mythology at Wal-Mart
I purchase a Microsoft published copy of Age of Mythology at Wal-Mart
yesterday, and the cd-key couldn't be validated. Assuming that someone was
already using the key illegally, I exchanged it at Wal-Mart for the exact
same thing.

Turns out that one had the same key.

So what now? Am I out the cost of the game? Microsoft phone support says
that they don't support that game anymore. They directed me to email
support, so I used the url on the back of the game for Microsoft Support, and
guess what? I can't find Age of Mythology on there.

"Wimpie" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:37 AM
vhsuvhsxv jddfghef wrote:

Hi Cacolaco,You are a victim of the mass-produced CD key fore mentioned.
Hi Cacolaco,

You are a victim of the mass-produced CD key fore mentioned.
This is simply a CD key which, for reasons unknown, has been produced many
times.
You need to contact Ubisoft and get a new CD key from them, but you may have
to give proof of purchase (receipt, essentially)

-Dante

On 27/10/2008 18:08, in article
489A174B-B06B-44C3...@microsoft.com, "Cacolaco"
<Caco...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:48 AM
Alper wrote:

Hi!

Hi!... i'm kind a dessperate here... i have the same problem of massive CD
key that every one had... :S how can i do to get a new and unique one???

Can someone from "Microsoft Support Team" help me? or... help us :S
because a lot of people have the same problem and i cannot see posts whit
help :(

"vhsuvhsxv jddfghef" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:03 AM
Ol?rin wrote:

Re: Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expan

"Alpert" <Alp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

1) Please cross-post instead of multi-posting.

2) No need to keep hijacking others' threads AND starting your own.
3) There have been anwers both here and in the other groups you've posted
to. Have you tried them?
4) Questions posted to these groups are responded to by volunteers who may
or may not be employees of Microsoft (mostly not) and may or may not have MS
MVP status (mostly not). We are NOT the "Microsoft Support Team", but just
folk who like to help out others on our own time.

Cacolaco wrote:

'Age of Mythology' seems to have been republished with the same
identical Product-key supplied in every box sold, leading to
problems when trying to connect to and play multi-player on the
online-servers.

Directions on how to proceed for the various re-publishers,
/Ubisoft/ - /Xplosive/ - /Valuesoft/ , can be found at the forums
of the 'Age of Mythology Heaven' website:

<http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,25980,,10>

--

On Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:30 PM
dalke wrote:

Hi I recently purchased a age of mythology game (from target) and i have the
Hi I recently purchased a age of mythology game (from target) and i have the
same problem i bought the game so that i could play online but when i try to
sign in it says: "your cd key cannot currently be validated please wait a few
minutes and try again.." so could you please send me a new CD code..?
"Etal" wrote:

ADO.NET: Optimistic Concurrency Updating Logic
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/dd273725-d01f-4364-9c32-e94f115255a9/adonet-optimistic-concu.aspx