FS2004 will not run, disc 4 error message

garethv

Sep 12, 2005, 9:47:02 AM9/12/05
I installed FS2004 but when I went to run it the message 'cannot locate the
CD-Rom please insert FS2004 Disc 4, select ok and restart application'
appeared, despite the disc being in the drive. I know disc 4 is ok because i
chose complete install.

Thanks for any help

Katy Pluta

Sep 12, 2005, 10:44:30 AM9/12/05

Your hardware may not be compatible with the copy protection, did you
install the FS9.1 update?

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta

garethv

Sep 12, 2005, 12:51:06 PM9/12/05
Thanks for replying

I just downloaded and installed the update successfully but I am still
getting the same message, any more ideas?

Gareth

Katy Pluta

Sep 12, 2005, 2:48:01 PM9/12/05
>Thanks for replying
>
>I just downloaded and installed the update successfully but I am still
>getting the same message, any more ideas?

See the following FAQ article:
http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=MS+Flight+Simulator+2004#104

garethv

Sep 12, 2005, 7:59:08 PM9/12/05
Thanks for the link Katy, it is working now

Norsab5

Oct 4, 2005, 5:56:55 AM10/4/05

Had same issue. No one could really help. I finally, finding no other way,
went to the web site below and downloaded the FS2004 NO-CD and replaced the
FS9 folder. The FS9 folder is located in the FS2004 folder.
No problems anymore and you can run FS2004 having no CD in drive.

http://www.zap16.com/fs2004%20downloads.htm

CYA

lin xu

Nov 5, 2005, 2:35:53 PM11/5/05
Thanks Norsab5. it works for me too.

thii...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 10:53:23 AM3/20/15
Vào 23:51:06 UTC+7 Thứ Hai, ngày 12 tháng 9 năm 2005, garethv đã viết:
help me!