cfgwiz.exe not found when installing FPSE on Win2k3R2

BrianK

Aug 17, 2009, 5:11:01 PM8/17/09
Trying to install FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 on Windows Server 2003 R2
and I get a message:
Some files on Service Pack 2 CD-ROM are needed.

I can't find these files? Looked on both win2k3R2 disks.

Is there somewhere on Microsoft.com I can download FPSE 2002 for 32bit
windows 2003?

Tom Willett

Aug 17, 2009, 5:32:05 PM8/17/09

"BrianK" <Bri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Trying to install FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 on Windows Server 2003

Sorry, but no. Since they are still supported for Windows 2003, you may wish
to contact MS support with your issue.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997

jodiwood

Jan 27, 2010, 4:32:03 PM1/27/10
That file is located in the Service Pack. Extract the service pack to a directory and point your install to that directory.

I extracted the files by copying the .exe file down to the local system in a new folder, opening up a command window and typing:

<EXE file name> /x

(ie. d:\sp2\WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU.exe /x)

BrianK wrote:

cfgwiz.exe not found when installing FPSE on Win2k3R2
17-Aug-09

Trying to install FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 on Windows Server 2003 R2
and I get a message:
Some files on Service Pack 2 CD-ROM are needed.

I cannot find these files? Looked on both win2k3R2 disks.

Is there isomewhere on Microsoft.com I can download FPSE 2002 for 32bit
windows 2003?

On Monday, August 17, 2009 5:11 PM
BrianK wrote:

cfgwiz.exe not found when installing FPSE on Win2k3R2

Trying to install FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 on Windows Server 2003 R2
and I get a message:
Some files on Service Pack 2 CD-ROM are needed.

I cannot find these files? Looked on both win2k3R2 disks.

Is there isomewhere on Microsoft.com I can download FPSE 2002 for 32bit
windows 2003?

On Monday, August 17, 2009 5:32 PM
Tom Willett wrote:

Re: cfgwiz.exe not found when installing FPSE on Win2k3R2
R2

Sorry, but no. Since they are still supported for Windows 2003, you may wish
to contact MS support with your issue.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------

Build a C# NotifyIcon BalloonTip Scheduled Outlook Mail Checker
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0235490b-a901-42b4-9eef-7dd29b6ae909/build-a-c-notifyicon-bal.aspx

Tom Willett

Jan 27, 2010, 4:53:20 PM1/27/10
You Eggheaders need to learn how to use newsgroups. Changing the subject
line is really confusing, don't you think? And, replying to a post from
August of last year? You really think the OP is coming back?

--
<Jodi Wood> wrote in message news:2010127163...@comcast.net...
: That file is located in the Service Pack. Extract the service pack to a

Hot-text

Jan 29, 2010, 12:07:10 AM1/29/10
That go to Show that Tom [Pepper] Willett reply are just good today as they
were one year a go!
Has a 13 year reply come up Pepper and if it did bate it saw a good reply!
No Need to reply to my Post but a good LOOL all we need!

"Tom Willett" <t...@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message