WinINet error (code 12110

Phillip

Feb 21, 2010, 5:08:01 PM2/21/10
When I try to publish my web pages I get the message:
An unknown WinINet error has occurred (code 12110).
If I click OK and publish again the error will appear again. If I keep
trying publish, OK..... my pages will finally upload.
Why do I get this error and how do I resolve the problem?
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Feb 21, 2010, 10:50:52 PM2/21/10
That error means the ftp session is already in progress.
Are you uploading large files?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Phillip" <Phi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jay

Jul 2, 2010, 3:40:00 PM7/2/10
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote on 02/21/2010 22:50 ET :
> That error means the ftp session is already in progress.
> Are you uploading large files?
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> &quot;Phillip&quot; wrote in message

>> Hi,
>> When I try to publish my web pages I get the message:
>> An unknown WinINet error has occurred (code 12110).
>> If I click OK and publish again the error will appear again. If I keep
>> trying publish, OK. my pages will finally upload.

>> Why do I get this error and how do I resolve the problem?
>> Your help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> Phil

This happens to me also. Is it saying that FP is already running? I try to
publish once every couple of months. How can it be running when I have such
long
periods of idleness? I only publish single page changes each time.

Is there a way to tell if FP is running in the background. I have no
indication
of that in my task manager.

Thanks,
Jay

Ronx

Jul 3, 2010, 3:19:18 AM7/3/10
12110 ERROR_FTP_TRANSFER_IN_PROGRESS
The requested operation cannot be made on the FTP session handle because an operation is already in progress.

This means that you are using FTP for something.

Possibly the server did not drop the connection as required when FrontPage attempted to login - there are several steps to logging in to a server, whether using FTP or HTTP.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

jay pretended :