Run Times VFP8r.DLL and VFP8t.DLL

Juan Alonso

Oct 31, 2008, 3:16:50 PM10/31/08
I was reading on the help file about the run time libraries and after I ask,

If they took out all the thoes other older command support, then how are the
convertions from FoxPro DOS 2.6 to VFP 8 working using mostly thoes
commands.

I would like to know what other libraries are installed that help with these
commands.

Thank you all in advance.

Juan.

Stefan Wuebbe

Oct 31, 2008, 4:24:16 PM10/31/08

"Juan Alonso" <jo...@npdlink.com> wrote in message

>I was reading on the help file about the run time libraries and after I ask,
>
> If they took out all the thoes other older command support, then how are the convertions
> from FoxPro DOS 2.6 to VFP 8 working using mostly thoes commands.

What commands do you have in mind?, actually backwards compatibility
has always been a very high priority whenever a new VFP version was
released

-Stefan

Juan Alonso

Oct 31, 2008, 4:35:58 PM10/31/08
Mostly @...GETs with READ (Cycle or Modal).....

What a pain to do convertion. If they let me I would have done this from
scratch a long time ago...

Juan.

"Stefan Wuebbe" <stefan...@gmx.de> wrote in message

Stefan Wuebbe

Oct 31, 2008, 4:57:41 PM10/31/08

Those commands are not so recommended anymore of course
but they were not removed - I just ran a very old whatever.SPR
with funny @ 3,4 Get m.something buttons and a
READ CYCLE ;
ACTIVATE something() ;
DEACTIVATE somethingelse()

:-)
-Stefan

"Juan Alonso" <jo...@npdlink.com> wrote in message

john3

Nov 3, 2008, 10:36:48 AM11/3/08
On Oct 31, 2:57 pm, "Stefan Wuebbe" <stefan.wue...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Those commands are not so recommended anymore of course
> but they were not removed - I just ran a very old whatever.SPR
> with funny @ 3,4 Get m.something buttons and a
>     READ CYCLE ;
>         ACTIVATE something() ;
>         DEACTIVATE somethingelse()
>
> :-)
> -Stefan
>
> "Juan Alonso" <j...@npdlink.com> wrote in message

> > Mostly @...GETs with READ (Cycle or Modal).....
>
> > What a pain to do convertion.  If they let me I would have done this from scratch a long
> > time ago...
>
> > Juan.
>
> > "Stefan Wuebbe" <stefan.wue...@gmx.de> wrote in message
>
> >> "Juan Alonso" <j...@npdlink.com> wrote in message

> >> What commands do you have in mind?, actually backwards compatibility
> >> has always been a very high priority whenever a new VFP version was
> >> released
>
> >> -Stefan- Hide quoted text -

Yes, we successfully use several old programs using @say and @get,
etc. It seems we have better luck converting from 2.0 for DOS (for
instance) to VFP 3.0, then going from VFP 3.0 to VFP 9.0.
Good Luck!
john3