Converting Reports from Foxpro 2.6 to VFP 8

Juan Alonso

Oct 16, 2008, 11:20:34 AM10/16/08
Hello all.

I am converting some reports from Foxpro Dos 2.6 to VFP 8.

When I do, the reports come up short of the original size.

I also noticed that when you create a report, there is no way of telling it
HOW MANY COLUMNS AND ROWS
you need for the report. It uses the PAGE SETUP and PRINT SETUP in order to
provied the proper sizes.

Well this is a bit of a problem see. I need to have it customized and not
so freakin standardized to fit Windows BULL CACA.

Is there any way I can make this work?

I use letter size paper, but since I print in compressed mode (Font Pitch
17) it all fits just fine on the paper. But VFP 8 will not let me do this
like in the old days.

How can I do this???????

Thank you in advance,

Juan.

Craig Berntson

Oct 17, 2008, 11:16:58 AM10/17/08
It's not VFP you're fighting, it's Windows. Number of lines and columns is
meaningless because most Windows fonts are proportional (height and width
varies with point size).

--

Craig Berntson
Microsoft MVP

-------------
"Juan Alonso" <jo...@npdlink.com> wrote in message

Juan Alonso

Oct 17, 2008, 3:24:39 PM10/17/08
Thank you Craig.

I don't think I made myself clear.

I expressed already about the WINDOWS BULLSHIT....

In FoxPro Dos.. on the Report Designer, you can put in how many columns and
rows for the page size.

In Visual Foxpro I can't do that. So this tells me that I have to make my
FONT SIZE SMALLER and I have to move the objects closer so they fit the
defined page.

It seems I have to do this according to PAGE SETUP for printing. See, I
can't use a designer like in Word or Excell where I can fit the crap
according to margins.

I guess I just wish they made it to at least where we can enter sizes by
Pixels or maybe by Inches.

See, I print the DOS reports in condense mode "Pitch 17" so if the columns
read: 132 it will still fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 Letter Paper.

Now in VFP8 I have to do the above to fit it in.

Anyway man.. I still appretiate your help and sorry if I sounded off there..
I just get frustrated when shit like this happens..

Thank God MS is moving towards VM using that "new" MIDRA stuff.. I can't
wait till they get it out...

You can do so much with it.. its freeky...

K.. have to go..

J.

"Craig Berntson" <cr...@craigberntson.com> wrote in message

Juan Alonso

Oct 20, 2008, 2:14:02 PM10/20/08
Craig,

You can see in my post that I understood that already, note the phrase:
"Windows BULL CACA"

Anyway though, why is there no way of setting up the page however you want?

I think the Column and Row definition was great in the old one. They should
have kept it and made it real OJECT ORIENTED by allowing us to use Custom
Settings. Like in INCHES or PIXELS. You know like when you are editing a
picture.

Anyway, just wanted to vent that out there..

I don't know how much MS will notice my posts but hey at least someone will
see it.

LOL

K.

Have to work now..