OLE error code 0x80020006: Unknown name.

Juan Alonso

Nov 19, 2009, 10:12:34 AM11/19/09
I am getting this error "OLE error code 0x80020006: Unknown name." while
using this code.

oWS = CREATEOBJECT('Wscript.Network')
oWS.MapNetwordDrive('Q:','\\dakota\corporate\foxpro\auto\dbf',.f.,'','')
<<<===== (AT THIS LINE)

It is suppose to map a network drive to Q

But I get the OLE error and I don't know why?

If anyone can help.

Thank you,

Juan.

Richard Stecenko

Nov 19, 2009, 10:22:09 AM11/19/09
>oWS = CREATEOBJECT('Wscript.Network')
>oWS.MapNetwordDrive('Q:','\\dakota\corporate\foxpro\auto\dbf',.f.,'','')
^

Maybe network?

MS Word hasn't taken over everything.

Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Winnipeg, Canada
204.453.2052

Juan Alonso

Nov 19, 2009, 10:31:37 AM11/19/09
Nope.

Thought it was that but no.

I can use other type of mapping tools inside windows from VFP and it works
fine.

I wonder if what is really happening is that I have to have an updated
Windows Script installed.??

I will try and see if it is that. If it is I will post back here.

Meanwhile, I am on the same boat so far. I don't know yet. he he ..

Juan.

"Richard Stecenko" <Stec...@interact.mb.ca> wrote in message

Richard Stecenko

Nov 19, 2009, 11:28:56 AM11/19/09
oWS = CREATEOBJECT('Wscript.Network')
oWS.MapNetworkDrive('Q:','\\xp\projects',.f.,'','')

That's what I did. I got access denied and that's to be expected. But
I didn't get Unknown Name like you did.

JayB

Nov 20, 2009, 10:24:35 PM11/20/09
first of all, you have the wrong function name.
its not "MapNetwordDrive" but "MapNetworkDrive"

secondly, you cannot specify the password and user as '' for the last 2
parameters

it works if you use .null. for each
or if you use the actual username and password
jay