Collection tracefile ETL failed (ExTra -- ExMon)

Oli Hillmann

Sep 10, 2007, 5:14:12 AM9/10/07
Hi Exchange-Tool Team,

I'm using ExTra V1.1.7911.0, Cfg: 1.1.0.1 for troubleshoot high RPC requests on Exchange 2003 Sp2 (german).
The collection of the Exmon tracefile *.ETL failed.

One of the error message is very implausible, because I run Extra after a fresh reboot.
... and Tracelog -stop “Exchange Event Trace” doesn't help me.

Failure collecting ExMon file
Fehler: Die Sammlung "ExPTAserver120070910082659" wird bereits ausgeführt.
(Translation: The collection "ExPTAserver120070910082659" ist already running.)

ExMon run for short time period
The ExMon trace was captured for 0 seconds. Since it is normal for some users to use large amounts of CPU for periods of up to a few minutes, a short ExMon capture may incorrectly indicate that users are causing high load. If this tool is analyzing short captures, look for users that are consistently causing high resource utilization for several ExMon captures.

Failed to read ExMon data from the ETL trace file
No user data was found in Exchange Server User Monitor (ExMon) ETL trace file 'C:\Perflogs\vistrex1-20070910082659\vistrex1-EXMON.etl'. This may be because you are not running this tool on a version of Windows that is the same or more recent than the server on which the trace was collected, or because there was no RPC data in the trace file.

Failed to read ExMon data from the ETL trace file
Unable to read duration of ETL capture from the file 'C:\Perflogs\vistrex1-20070910082659\vistrex1-EXMON.etl'.

any help from the Extra-Tool member ?

best regards
Oliver