Exchange 2007 sp1 setup fails with code 8206

Andrea Caldarone

Jan 24, 2008, 8:27:41 AM1/24/08
Hi all,

I had Exchange 2007 rtm installed on a Windows 2003 Server R2 x64 standard
edition, I have donwloaded the "exchange 2007 sp1". Before running the setup
I have upgraded to .Net Framework 2 SP1 as suggested. When I run the
ex2007sp1 setup, it fails with this message:

Organization Preparation
Failed

Error:
An error occurred when executing 'ldifde.exe' to import schema file
'E:\ex2007sp1\Setup\ServerRoles\Common\Setup\Data\update_ResourcePropertySchema.ldf'.
Error code: 8206. More details can be found in the error file 'C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator.BALDICARNI\Local Settings\Temp\1\ldif.err'.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:30

Leif Pedersen [ MVP]

Jan 26, 2008, 7:05:31 AM1/26/08

Did the see what more detailed error message that can be found in the
Administrator.BALDICARNI\Local Settings\Temp\1\ldif.err' file?

Leif

"Andrea Caldarone" <andrea.c...@poste.it> skrev i meddelelsen

Douglas Bellworthy

Feb 26, 2008, 10:12:56 AM2/26/08
I have encountered exactly the same problem and the solution (for me) lies
in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498.

I had a server on my network which had been a BDC but had been rebuilt
without removing it's details from the PDC. This procedure removed those
details and it now all works perfectly.

I found this resolution by running dcdiag.exe and reviewing the output.

Douglas

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/11766721.aspx

datasecurity bibomaria

Aug 10, 2010, 6:43:39 AM8/10/10
hi !
This Warning event is logged when a problem with a Calendar item is detected. This indicates that Exchange detected data corruption and is trying to rebuild the calendaring data for Web client viewing.The most common cause of calendar item corruption is scanning the Exchange Installable File System (IFS) drive with file system-based anti virus software. The Event ID 8206 means that calendering agent failed. you can resolve this issue using kernel software that is available at::www.edbrepairtool.com