versamail 3.5 for treo650 & EAS (not imap)

Keith V. Klenke

Dec 26, 2007, 9:47:16 AM12/26/07
I just purchased the versamail with exchange(2003sp2/EAS not imap) support
for my treo650(sprint 1.13a) & have a few questions. Using 3.5.0 I am able
to get my exchange activesync inbox, but how do I access my subfolders? How
do I also access the exchange global address book to get access to all the
company contacts(GAL), & how can I get access to my palm contacts via
versamail? The only contacts I see are my personal contacts from outlook. I
also see the 3.5.4 update for other palm treo editions, is there a 3.5.4 for
the 650? I dug through this forum & other forums, found others with similar
questions, but none with answers (of course, I could be blind).

http://software.palm.com/us/html/display_palm_product.jsp?id=prod6021701 is
the specific product I purchased.

Thank you

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Dec 26, 2007, 9:13:29 PM12/26/07
Subfolders not supported with Versamail and EAS. GAL is not supported too,
you need Windows Mobile 5 or 6 device. Palm Contacts should be available.
Versamail with Exchange EAS only supports Inbox and Calendar items. Check
Palm's website for updates. My two cents, try a Windows Mobile 6 device
from Sprint. You will get your entire Exchange Mailbox synchronized and
access to the GAL.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Keith V. Klenke" <aben...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Keith V. Klenke

Dec 27, 2007, 6:57:42 AM12/27/07
> My two cents, try a Windows Mobile 6 device from Sprint. You will get
> your entire Exchange Mailbox >synchronized and access to the GAL.

I will need more than two cents then, those windows mobile 6 device are not
cheap. I accept paypal. :)

It would seem this EAS update for versamail is quite pointless then. What a
rip.

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Dec 27, 2007, 7:19:37 PM12/27/07
VersaMail will still get you Inbox and Calendar. I suppose you could always
cradle sync your Other Outlook Folders but its not real time. I would also
state that the Palm makes a Windows Mobile device. I use Verizon and they
always use a (w) to signify this, Treo 700w for example. The 650 has been
out for quite some time, it was one of my first phones I had sync'ing with
Exchange 2003.