ActiveSync error 0x80072EE2

at Widmer@discussions.microsoft.com Scott at Widmer

Oct 20, 2006, 7:28:01 PM10/20/06
I continue to get the following Active Sync Error on both a Motorola Q from
Verizon and a 6700 from Sprint.

Result:
The server could not be reached. This can be caused by temporary network
conditions.

Support code: 0x80072EE2

ActiveSync works fine wirelessly. It continues to function when I plug it
into the USB cable on my laptop. The error occurs after I unplug the phone
from the computer. The phone will never reconnect until I reset the device.

Motorola Q, Exchange 2003, sp2, no SSL

John

Oct 27, 2006, 1:42:01 PM10/27/06
I have someone with a Verizon 6700 getting the error code 0x80072EFD

xavieramill

Dec 3, 2007, 4:44:52 AM12/3/07
I had similar problems that has been solved disabling the DNSCache on my mobile device as this post shows...
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync&tid=75360955-a232-4985-acb2-b55f30cfe23c&p=1

The issue appears to have to do with the Windows Mobile DNS cache not
being cleared properly upon a wired/wireless state transition when the
USB cable is unplugged. When connected to a PC running the desktop
ActiveSync software a Windows Mobile device has proxied wired access to
the corporate network and performs a DNS lookup of the Exchange
server's FQDN against the internal DNS. This address appears, however,
to remain in the cache even after disconnecting the USB cable and thus
moving back to the public (internet) address space. ActiveSync on the
Windows Mobile device then fails, as the server's internal address is
inaccessible. (A soft reset naturally clears the DNS cache.)

http://www.eggheadcafe.com