Event ID 1036 - virtual servers POP3, IMAP4 will not start automatically

Mike Akatkin

Dec 13, 2003, 10:39:55 AM12/13/03
Services POP3, IMAP4 will start automatically, but virtual servers POP3,
IMAP4 will not start automatically, only manually

Event Viewer errors:

1. Type: Warning, Event ID: 1036, Source: POP3SVC,
Service:
server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01.
2. Type: Information, Event ID: 1033, Source: POP3SVC,
started.
3. Type: Error, Event ID: 1042, Source: MSExchangeMU,
property from the domain controller.
Error code is 80040a01.
4. Type: Error, Event ID: 1047, Source: MSExchangeMU,
It will retry initialization every 60 seconds until succeeds or shutdown
is requested.
5. Type: Warning, Event ID: 1036, Source: IMAP4SVC,
Service:
server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01.
6. Type: Information, Event ID: 1033, Source: IMAP4SVC,
started.

Scott Fellman [MSFT]

Dec 20, 2003, 8:49:30 PM12/20/03

--------------------
| From: "Mike Akatkin" <mi...@gts.vsi.ru>
| Subject: Event ID 1036 - virtual servers POP3, IMAP4 will not start
automatically
| Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:39:55 +0300
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.p
ublic.exchange.setup

Mike,

Looks like DS2MB is failing. I would bounce the System Attendant. If you
still see the problem, then most likely there exists metabase corruption.
Are these the default virtual directories? And what version of Exchange is
this?

Scott Fellman
Microsoft