Outlook Web Access (OWA) Failed to get Inbox

1 view

Michael Branford

Dec 21, 2000, 10:21:27 AM12/21/00

I have users who are experiencing sporadic problem accessing their Exchange 5.5.
mailbox via OWA, with the error Failed to get Inbox.

There are no spaces in the alias name, and there are no problems with user access
permissions. This problem just comes and goes as it pleases!

I believe the problem may be load related - Can anyone help?

TomT

Dec 21, 2000, 10:49:26 AM12/21/00
This is usually a resolution problem. Have the users put in their full email
address for the alias (us...@domain.com) and Exchange should be able resolve
the alias for the user.

"Michael Branford" <m_bra...@tunstall.co.uk> wrote in message

Michael Branford

Dec 22, 2000, 4:12:30 AM12/22/00
I have tried specifying the full email address (us...@domain.co.uk), but the
problem still persists. If the problem is resolution, it is a problem with full
email addresses as well as alias's.

Could it be problem with special characters? i.e. _

.

joshf

Dec 22, 2000, 6:42:09 PM12/22/00
I went round and round with Microsoft trying to solve this particular issue-
to no avail. They eventually made a knowledgebase article about it. I
found that .MMP files were collecting in the webtemp directory when this
situation occurred- seemingly fom people not logging off correctly. The
only fix i found was to put OWA on a separate IIS server. hope this helps.
Good luck.,