XSVR IMAP error 114: There is no replica for that mailbox

Aidan Marks

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
A working exchange/imap setup now presents the following error for all users
after login:

"There is no replica for that mailbox on this server."

A debug window on an imap client shows this:

* OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2232.11
(viper.triforce.com.au) ready
A00000 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
A00000 OK CAPABILITY completed.
A00001 SUNVERSION MIME YES
A00001 BAD Protocol Error: "Unidentifiable command specified"
"Version du soleil" rejected!
A00002 LOGIN aidan {11}
+ Ready for additional command text.

A00002 OK LOGIN completed.
A00003 SELECT INBOX
A00003 NO There is no replica for that mailbox on this server.
114 Can't select mailbox: There is no replica for that mailbox on this
server.

Any thoughts?

Chris Scharff

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Can you telnet to port 143 on the server which the users Exchange
account is homed and log in using the following format?

LOGIN ntdomain/ntaccount/alias
password

and try

SELECT inbox
FETCH 1

What are your results from a manual attempt?

"Aidan Marks" <ai...@triforce.com.au> wrote:

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Lyor Goldstein

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 00:54:42 GMT, cscharff@*NOSPAM*bigsecret.com
(Chris Scharff) wrote:

>>A working exchange/imap setup now presents the following error for all users
>>after login:
>>
>>"There is no replica for that mailbox on this server."

Simply make sure you contact the Exchange server on which the mailbox
resides (I am assuming you have several servers) - example:

if user A is on server S1 and B on server S2, then you MUST contact
server S1 if you log in as user A and server S2 for user B.

Lyor Goldstein
CTI2 (CTI Square)
Technologies Group Leader
ly...@cti2.com
http://www.cti2.com

Rich Matheisen

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
"Aidan Marks" <ai...@triforce.com.au> wrote:

[ snip ]

>* OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2232.11
>(viper.triforce.com.au) ready
>A00000 CAPABILITY
>* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS
>NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
>A00000 OK CAPABILITY completed.
>A00001 SUNVERSION MIME YES
>A00001 BAD Protocol Error: "Unidentifiable command specified"
>"Version du soleil" rejected!
>A00002 LOGIN aidan {11}
>+ Ready for additional command text.
>
>A00002 OK LOGIN completed.
>A00003 SELECT INBOX
>A00003 NO There is no replica for that mailbox on this server.

>114 Can't select mailbox: There is no replica for that mailbox on this
>server.
>
>Any thoughts?

Why is the client sending "A00001 SUNVERSION MIME YES"? It's not part
of RFC2060 and, since it's being sent as a command, it deserves to be
rejected.

I don't know where that "Version du soleil" rejected!" came from,
either! The "BAD Protocol . . ." os all I get if I enter that command.

Aidan Marks

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Have applied SP2, no difference.

Using LOGIN <username> or LOGIN ntdomain/ntaccount/alias makes no
difference. SELECT inbox still replies with the error noted below:

* OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2448.8
(viper.triforce.com.
au) ready

+ Ready for additional command text.

01 OK LOGIN completed.
02 NO There is no replica for that mailbox on this server.

Chris Scharff wrote in message <36be3463...@msnews.microsoft.com>...

>Can you telnet to port 143 on the server which the users Exchange
>account is homed and log in using the following format?
>
>LOGIN ntdomain/ntaccount/alias
>password
>
>and try
>
>SELECT inbox
>FETCH 1
>
>What are your results from a manual attempt?
>

>"Aidan Marks" <ai...@triforce.com.au> wrote:
>
>>A working exchange/imap setup now presents the following error for all
users
>>after login:
>>

>>"There is no replica for that mailbox on this server."
>>

>>A debug window on an imap client shows this:
>>

>>* OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2232.11
>>(viper.triforce.com.au) ready
>>A00000 CAPABILITY
>>* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS
MAILBOX-REFERRALS
>>NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
>>A00000 OK CAPABILITY completed.
>>A00001 SUNVERSION MIME YES
>>A00001 BAD Protocol Error: "Unidentifiable command specified"
>>"Version du soleil" rejected!
>>A00002 LOGIN aidan {11}
>>+ Ready for additional command text.
>>
>>A00002 OK LOGIN completed.
>>A00003 SELECT INBOX
>>A00003 NO There is no replica for that mailbox on this server.
>>114 Can't select mailbox: There is no replica for that mailbox on this
>>server.
>>
>>Any thoughts?

Chris Scharff

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
I tested this on a couple of servers here to verify. Assuming the
correct domain/nt_ID/mailbox_alias, I received this error when i
attempted to access my mailbox on a server which did not hold my
mailbox.

e.g. user is on server Exchange1, I get the error you described
attempting to access his mailbox on Exchange2.

Was this error occurring prior to the application of SP2?

Aidan Marks

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
The problem existed prior to and subsequent to the installation of SP2,
however initially no problem was apparent with SP1. The account does exist
on the server addressed by the imap client, and mail is accessible via
outlook 98 and OWA. We operate a simple single domain, the PDC being the
exchange server. No hardware/software configuration changes have occurred
during this time.

Switched on maximum imap logging, reveals only client activity without
server responses.

A LIST "" "" returns:

* LIST (\Noselect) "/" ""
05 OK LIST completed.

A LIST "*" "*" returns:

* LIST () "/" "Public Folders/TRIFORCE Public Messages"
* LIST () "/" "Public Folders/Internet Newsgroups"
* LIST (\Noselect) "/" "Public Folders"
06 OK LIST completed.

Note only public folders are displayed. Is it possible that this is a
permissions issue?

Are there any useful resources to throw further light on this problem?

Aidan Marks

Chris Scharff

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Aidan:

Sorry I'm stumped at this point. I think unless someone else has some
insight, a call to PSS might be in order. If you do resolve it, I'd be
interested to know how, and what the issue is.

"Aidan Marks" <ai...@triforce.com.au> wrote:

Chris Scharff

Rainer Rosenberger

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
Aidan Marks schrieb in Nachricht ...

>The problem existed prior to and subsequent to the installation of SP2,
[snip]

Hello Aidan,

quite deep analysis. I would be interested in the solution and ... what
happens if you send a message to this account and try to access the mailbox
afterwards using a simple POP3 session:
USER username <CR>
PASS password <CR>
LIST <CR>
QUIT <CR>
What about the result when using OWA (if available)?

Regards,

Rainer Rosenberger
InterAktiv, Consulting & Development
Dr. Rainer Rosenberger, Fürholzer Weg 6b, D-85375 Neufahrn
Phone:+49 8165 66577, Fax:+49 8165 66507, Mobile:+49 172 7789381
mailto:Inter...@Online.de, http://www.online.de/home/Rosenberger