Recipient policy error with event ID 8231

Simon Rae

Feb 8, 2006, 9:16:52 AM2/8/06
Hi All,

We have an Exchange 2003 server which I recently upgraded to SP2. Now ever
since the upgrade I see dozens of the following errors in the event log...

Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient
Policies,CN=Howden,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=howdenren,DC=local':'MAD.EXE',
error=8007203a. Taking provider offline.

Everything is working fine except it appears that Recipient Update Services
are indeed not functioning correctly as email addresses are not being
automatically created for new users. I checked the domain controller
settings for each recipient policy on our server and these appear to be
correct. I also rebuilt/reapplied the RUS policies but to no avail.

Any ideas?

--
Simon Rae
MCP (SQL Server), CCA

Simon Rae

Feb 16, 2006, 5:39:02 AM2/16/06
For future reference, this was caused by DNS not resolving netbios names. I
set up the DNS settings on the Exchange box to append our local domain
suffixes on DNS queries and this solved the problem.

--
Simon Rae
MCP (SQL Server), CCA

"Simon Rae" <simo...@howdenNOSPAM.com> wrote in message