Event ID 1025 with Exchange 2003

Laljeev M

Sep 28, 2009, 2:09:01 AM9/28/09
Hi

We are receiving the below warning message during past 2 weeks on exchange
server which is in cluster
--------
Event ID: 1025
Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store

An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Users-A Store".
Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria
Error: 1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID
1-659DD4) Retrying without optimization.
--------
On this server one RightFax connector is configured. We run EBPA and it
showed one warning saying the database size exceeded recommended 100 GB and
the current size is 222GB. Also we restarted the IS service once, but it
didn't help us to resolve the issue.

Can anyone help us to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Lal
----Server Management Team----

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Sep 28, 2009, 2:18:03 AM9/28/09
Do any mailboxes have an unusually large size?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
.

"Laljeev M" <new...@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Laljeev M

Sep 28, 2009, 2:36:01 AM9/28/09
Hi

Yes one user has above 6Gb and another user has around 3GB, all other users
have MB with below 2Gb size.

Is there any issue with store size 222GB? Same time we have another exchange
server with more than 500GB of store size and having no issues.

Thanks
Lal
----Server Management Team----

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Do any mailboxes have an unusually large size?
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

> ..

Laljeev M

Sep 28, 2009, 4:01:02 AM9/28/09
Hi Ed

We used PFDAVAdmin toll and selected custom bulk operation with filter like
(0x67480014=1-659DD4) to search for the 2 folders we received error and found
those 2 folders exist in 2 accounts which we are using for Telepresence room
booking for our employees. Below is the folder details

Mailboxes\TPDel1000\Top of Information Store\Calendar Calendar &
Mailboxes\TPGuj1100\Top of Information Store\Calendar Calendar.

These 2 accounts are used for any bookings the error persists to these
accounts only. Can you suggest how to resolve this?

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Sep 28, 2009, 12:48:25 PM9/28/09
I would look into those folders and see if there are a large number of items
in one of the folders, and, if so, remedy the situation.

--
Ed Crowley MVP
.

"Laljeev M" <new...@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Sep 28, 2009, 12:54:14 PM9/28/09
There are no technical issues I know of with having a very large mailbox
database. However, it does take a lot longer to back up, and, more
importantly, restore in the event of a disaster. The main issue surrounding
large mailboxes--and 6GB is a large mailbox--has mostly to do with the
number of items in any one folder. When there are a large number of items
in a single folder, Exchange can use a lot of resources and take a lot of
time to render the view, so for users with large mailboxes you should advise
them to break content up into subfolders of less than, say, 1,000 items
(although you can go higher than that without tipping over the apple cart).
In addition the time to synchronize an offline store for 6GB mailbox could
be substantial in the event of an OST file failure or provisioning of a new
workstation.

--
Ed Crowley MVP
.

"Laljeev M" <new...@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Laljeev M

Sep 29, 2009, 1:13:01 AM9/29/09

Hi Ed

Thanks...

We already asked the user to move the Mails to PST and to reduce the size to
less than 2 GB.

In Calender we found some 2 bookings occour for ever, means the user who is
managing the accounts for telpresence has booked the resource for evey
saturday & sunday infinitly for many years, this might cause the issue. We
will clear that booking and will let you know the update.

Thanks for the support

Regards
Lal
----Server Management Team----