Lots of Event ID's 7200 flooding event log

sp...@netspace.net.au

Oct 6, 2008, 8:47:27 AM10/6/08
Hi everyone,

Has anyone seen Event ID's 7200's shown below after migrating Exchange
Server 2003 SP2 from old to new hardware?

Mailboxes / public store were migrated to new server (by adding the
new server into the existing exchange system). However upon removing
the old Exchange Server we now get errors below.

Hope someone can assist.

Thanks.

Steve

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category: General
Event ID: 7200
Date: 5/10/2008
Time: 3:31:05 AM
User: N/A
Computer: V8
Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage
Group\Mailbox Store (V8)" due to error code 0x80004005.

Date: 5/10/2008
Time: 3:31:05 AM
User: N/A
Computer: V8
Background thread FDoBuildCatalog halted on database "First Storage
Group\A2G" due to error code 0x80004005.

Date: 5/10/2008
Time: 11:46:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: V8
Background thread FDoQuotaCheck halted on database "First Storage Group
\H2O" due to error code 0x80004005.

Date: 5/10/2008
Time: 11:46:02 PM
User: N/A
Computer: V8
Background thread FDoMaintenance halted on database "First Storage
Group\H2O" due to error code 0x80004005.

gus.si...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2008, 12:01:27 AM10/9/08
On Oct 6, 11:47 pm, sp...@netspace.net.au wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone seen Event ID's 7200's shown below after migrating Exchange
> Server 2003 SP2 from old to new hardware?
>
> Mailboxes / public store were migrated to new server (by adding the
> new server into the existing exchange system). However upon removing
> the old Exchange Server we now get errors below.
>
> Hope someone can assist.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve
>
> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID:       7200
> Date:           5/10/2008
> Time:           3:31:05 AM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       V8
> Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage
> Group\Mailbox Store (V8)" due to error code 0x80004005.
>
> For more information, clickhttp://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID:       7200
> Date:           5/10/2008
> Time:           3:31:05 AM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       V8
> Background thread FDoBuildCatalog halted on database "First Storage
> Group\A2G" due to error code 0x80004005.
>
> For more information, clickhttp://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID:       7200
> Date:           5/10/2008
> Time:           11:46:00 PM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       V8
> Background thread FDoQuotaCheck halted on database "First Storage Group
> \H2O" due to error code 0x80004005.
>
> For more information, clickhttp://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID:       7200
> Date:           5/10/2008
> Time:           11:46:02 PM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       V8
> Background thread FDoMaintenance halted on database "First Storage
> Group\H2O" due to error code 0x80004005.
>
> For more information, clickhttp://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

This issue has been resolved. By going into diagnostics logging and
adding all the MSExchangeIS components the Event ID: 2061 "... LDAP
search call failed" showed up. The exchange server was losing
connectivity with the DC and GC (same server) due to a faulty
connection between two switches where duplex negotiation most probably
failed and locked in to 10 Meg half duplex. By removing the switch
and placing all the servers onto thec same switch, the errors and
other issues such as sluggish response times when opening the mailbox
folders went away. The same behaviour and Event ID 7200 error codes
also occurred when a core switch failure occurred in another
environment and again severed connectivity between the exchange 2003
server and the DC/GC servers.