Event id 9873

Tom B

Feb 24, 2009, 9:21:01 PM2/24/09
We just finsihed doing an upgrade from exchnage 2007 RTM to exchnage 2007 Sp1
but ever since we finished the upgrade a few hours ago now every time a a new
named property gets added to the databse we get an Information logged in the
application log. Not a warning or error just informatin. We have one evry
couple of minutes and i am sure during hevaier usage it will get far more.
This event never logged when a named proeprty was added in the RTM verison si
this something new in sp1? is this normal and should we be concrened. I am
worried that thsi evnt is going to get out of control duing the day it may be
up to 1 minute dpeending oin volume. see sample:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9873
Date: 2/24/2009
Time: 5:55:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Removed for secuity reasons
A named property has been created for the database "/o=REMOVED by tom for
secuity reaonsSystem/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=Removed by tom for secuity
reasons/cn=Microsoft Private MDB".
ID: 0xc3bf
Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
Named property name/ID: x-adr-emp
The following user is attempting to create the named property: "N/A"
Protocol: MAPI
Client type: Transport
Client version: 2049.0.33106.0

Andy David {MVP}

Feb 25, 2009, 8:42:07 AM2/25/09
Its normal. I would recommend that you think about stripping unknown
x-headers from unauthenticated sources.

http://www.codeplex.com/HeaderFilterAgent