Event ID: 4011 for domains that are not part of our AD/Forest

Scott Townsend

Nov 15, 2007, 4:15:47 PM11/15/07
I'm getting the Following Error for several domains that are not part of our
AD/Forest.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchange Availability
Event Category: Availability Service
Event ID: 4011
Date: 11/15/2007
Time: 12:25:27 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCH2007
Process 4064[w3wp.exe:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/EWS-1-128387131182434841]:
Configuration for forest <Domain-Names> was not found in Active Directory.
Run the Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace command in the Exchange Management
Shell for an Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory forest.

Thoough all of the <Domain-Names> are domains of Contacts in AD. Nothing in
common with the domains.

I usually get about 4 in a minute's time. No other pattern that I can tell.

Thanks,
Scott<-

Robert Li [MSFT]

Nov 16, 2007, 4:55:08 AM11/16/07
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my research, this 4011 event can be safely ignored. This event is
constantly logged in the application log when Exchange 2007 mailbox is try
to view availability information for an external contact in which there is
no direct forest relationship. <Domain-Names> domain is external domain
where you have corresponding contact in your forest, which is not directly
related to these external domains. When an Exchange 2007 mailbox is trying
to view these external contact's availability information, 4011 would not
logged. There will be no user
impact when you see this event and we can ignore it.

Hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: "Scott Townsend" <scoot...@community.nospam>
<Subject: Event ID: 4011 for domains that are not part of our AD/Forest
<Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:15:47 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin

Scott Townsend

Nov 17, 2007, 12:43:25 PM11/17/07
Thanks
"Robert Li [MSFT]" <v-ro...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Robert Li [MSFT]

Nov 19, 2007, 8:40:28 PM11/19/07
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

I am glad to know the information is helpful.

If you have any questions in future, please don't hesitate to post in our
newsgroup.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

<From: "Scott Townsend" <scoot...@community.nospam>