Exmerge

Sandeep Thakker

Jun 24, 2008, 11:42:22 AM6/24/08
I am using Exchange 2007 SP1. I have used Exmerge with Exchange 2003. So I
am aware of providing proper permissions etc. I am required to archive
ex-employees mailboxes before removing them. I am trying to use Exmerge and
it's giving me an error dapi.dll not found. So I tried another server
Windows 2003 SP2 Exchange Management console installed on it but now get
error about Exchem.dll can not be located in dynamic link library.

I am local admin/domain admins to both of these machines and have
appropriate read rights to the account on Exchnage Server.
I have been running Exmerge from C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\bin folder where Exchange Management tools are installed.

Any suggestion?

Jamestechman

Jun 24, 2008, 1:23:37 PM6/24/08
Use Shell instead. Exmerge is not supported though it still works. Not
sure why exmerge is erroring out; were you able to sucessfully run it
before from the same server?

To export data from a .pst file, you must run the Export-Mailbox
cmdlet from a 32-bit computer that has the following installed:

The 32-bit version of the Exchange management tools
Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Outlook 2007

Export-Mailbox -Identity jo...@contoso.com -PSTFolderPath C:\PSTFiles
\john.pst

How to Export Mailbox Data
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964(EXCHG.80).aspx

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+,
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Sandeep Thakker

Jun 24, 2008, 2:12:49 PM6/24/08
Grat and Thanks that's easier than I thought. I did not look in that
direction.

"Martin Blackstone" <mar...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Exmerge while still usable in 2007 takes a back seat to the new Export
> Mailbox commands.
> You can Google "Exchange 2007 Export Mailbox" for tons of info, or start
> here:
>
> http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/04/13/437745.aspx
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964(EXCHG.80).aspx

Sandeep Thakker

Jun 24, 2008, 2:41:26 PM6/24/08
thanks James - It's a mystery why Exmerge does not work at all. But your
post about command prompt was helpful. Anyway it works from commandline.
Whatever works, works for me. I wont even try to solve a mystery why Exmerge
does not work even though I followed all guidelines and eventhough it works
for other people.

"Jamestechman" <jamest...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Martin Blackstone

Jun 24, 2008, 2:52:06 PM6/24/08
I'm with you!

"Sandeep Thakker" <stha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Andy David {MVP}

Jun 24, 2008, 2:58:03 PM6/24/08
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:52:06 -0700, "Martin Blackstone"
<mar...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>I'm with you!

And in your dreams!

Martin Blackstone

Jun 24, 2008, 3:03:33 PM6/24/08

"Andy David {MVP}" <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:52:06 -0700, "Martin Blackstone"
> <mar...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm with you!
>
> And in your dreams!

::hugs!::