Exchange 2003 is giving the following: Error is [0x80040111-0x80040111-0x000520] on all sent msgs

Roveer

Dec 7, 2010, 1:07:14 PM12/7/10
Came into the office today to find that all sent messages are giving
the error below (returned to the users inbox by the system
administrator.

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later,
or contact your network administrator. The Microsoft Exchange server
is currently busy. If this message is still displayed in 30 minutes,
contact your Exchange server administrator. Error is
[0x80040111-0x80040111-0x000520].

Ideas? I think I'm getting close to mailbox size limitation.
priv1.edb is 16.4gb

I stopped and restarted all exchange service but the problem persists.

Roveer

Roveer

Dec 7, 2010, 4:12:20 PM12/7/10

Seems that I've surpassed the 16gb limit. A question. I am going to
prune a few mailboxes tonight and run a defrag maintenance to try and
reduce the msg store. I pulled 6k msgs out of one user today, ran a
defrag /d maintenance run after unmounting msg store and it only
pulled back 16 megs. That's a far cry from what I'm trying go reduce
by. Any suggestions on how to really reduce mailbox size? I'm going
after my biggest offender tonight and hope to take a lot of stuff out
of his mailbox and archive it. He's got stuff from 2004 in there!!!
No lectures on size limits. This is the bosses mailbox and when I had
that conversation I got nowhere.

Matt M

Dec 8, 2010, 12:30:40 PM12/8/10
to microsoft.publi...@googlegroups.com
Did you decide not to increase the database for 2003? I've upped mine from 16 to 32GB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912375

Matt M

Dec 8, 2010, 12:30:45 PM12/8/10
to microsoft.publi...@googlegroups.com

Matt M

Dec 8, 2010, 12:30:50 PM12/8/10
to microsoft.publi...@googlegroups.com

Roveer

Dec 9, 2010, 4:23:00 PM12/9/10

I decided NOT to up the limit on the post office. That will just make
backup and restore that much more difficult. It would be far too easy
just to up the limit. That would bring me grief someplace down the
line.

Instead we (yeah, all of us, that means ME) archived lots of mail (we
had some going back to 2003), dropped the deleted mail retention limit
to 0, forced online defrag, then did an offline defrag and grabbed a
quick 4gb in recovered space. That should buy me enough time to
continue my fight agains keeping everything in the mail store
forever. Archiving is the way to go for us.