Replication Errors 3093 - How to determine which group(s) cause this error

Keith

Jun 25, 2008, 3:26:40 PM6/25/08

I keep receiving the following event errors on one of my Exchange 2003 SP2
servers.
Event ID: 3093
Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Category: Replication Errors
tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
(SERVERNAME)".

How do I find out which folder(s) is causing this error? or better yet, how
can I fix whatever is causing these errors.

I have three Exchange 2003 SP2 servers. Two are in one site while the other
is in another site connected by a T1 circuit. The two servers in the same
site receive these errors while the lone server in the other site does not.
One server receives a lot more errors than the other server.

Thanks,

Keith

Andy David {MVP}

Jun 25, 2008, 7:29:18 PM6/25/08
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:26:40 -0600, "Keith" <ke...@company.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I keep receiving the following event errors on one of my Exchange 2003 SP2
>servers.
> Event ID: 3093
> Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
> Category: Replication Errors
>tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
>(SERVERNAME)".
>
>How do I find out which folder(s) is causing this error? or better yet, how
>can I fix whatever is causing these errors.

Many of those errors are simply a side effect of increased logging and
do not actually represent a problem. Is there a reason you turned up
logging?

Tushar Shah

Jun 26, 2008, 8:11:40 AM6/26/08
On Jun 26, 4:29 am, Andy David {MVP}
> >Keith- Hide quoted text -

I agree with Andy - if you want to read more into this - refer to
Microsoft's official documentation.

Also note that Replication Errors logging is rarely helpful. Even when
replication is working normally, most servers will generate lots of
replication error events, such as event ID 3093 indicating there was
an error reading a property. In most cases the property has no effect
on replication and the error can be ignored. I recommend leaving
Replication Errors logging at None

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/01/17/417611.aspx

This behavior is by design. To be better able to track problems, the
following code was added to log ALL not found errors when the logging
level is set to 5 (MAX) for source MSExchangeIS Public and category
Replication:
(0x8004010f) = ecNotFound-MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
Most of these are harmless, and the code handles the not found error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225090/en-us

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=6.5.6940.0&EvtID=3093&EvtSrc=MSExchangeIS&LCID=1033

Keith

Jun 26, 2008, 12:06:30 PM6/26/08
I'm glad to hear that it's the results of logging. I did have logging turned
to maximum for replication items because of an OAB problem which is now
solved.

The OAB problem had the following symptoms.

After installing a new Exchange 2003 server, on a newly installed Windows XP
computer with Office 2007, Outlook 2007 would immediately crash when trying
to download the OAB manually (cached mode off) or Outlook 2007 would crash
immediately when starting up in cached mode, due to it trying to
automatically download the OAB. This only happened on newly installed
(with/without service pack and patches - XP and Office) PCs. If someone had
been using Outlook 2007 prior to the new server, everything would be fine.
New Outlook 2003 computers also worked fine.

It was later found that only the system folder, OAB Version 2, was not being
replicated to the new server. Once the new server was included in the
replicas, everything worked. I guess still seeing the 3093 Event errors
threw me off in thinking that there was something else wrong with
replication.

Thanks.

Keith

"Tushar Shah" <email....@gmail.com> wrote in message