Ctrl + F not working?

John

Dec 1, 2009, 2:44:04 PM12/1/09
Can anyone tell me what the problem might be if sometimes my CTRL + F
doesn't work in Excel? I often have to go via the menu to do a find.

Thanks
John

Dave Peterson

Dec 1, 2009, 2:51:22 PM12/1/09
What happens when you try it? Are you sure you're hitting ctrl-f (not
alt-f???)?

Does it only happen in a particular workbook?

Does it only happen after you've opened a particular workbook?

If it only happens in a particular workbook, you may have a "helpful" macro
that's behaving the way the developer wanted--but not nice in your eyes.

Try closing excel and re-opening in safe mode:

Close excel
windows start button|Run
type:
excel /safe

And open any workbook and hit ctrl-f to test.

If it works, then I'd guess it was a macro. But you'll have some detective work
to do.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

Essentially, you'll turn off all the addins/startup workbooks and then open
excel. And then turn on each addin (closing and reopening) one at a time to
find the culprit.

--

Dave Peterson

pku...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 8:58:20 AM1/30/18
Hej John Tak for forsøget
det er testet og virker ikke, fejlen opstår i VBA editoren som er en plugin i excel
MVH PKu