Sudden Changes in Font Size

Joyce Harriman

Jan 22, 2003, 4:13:36 PM1/22/03

I have a user who will experience random changes in fonts
in her Excel Spreadsheets. She opens the file, all of her
fonts are fine, As she is working in the file all of a
sudden her 8pt font will change to 50pt font. She is not
working in the cells that change. It only seems to happen
to the 8pt font. We have checked her PC for viruses and
found nothing. I would be very happy to hear any ideas
anyone else may have regarding what can be done to correct
this problem. She is running Excel 97.

Ken Wright

Jan 22, 2003, 4:26:48 PM1/22/03
Is it happening in all spreadsheets she uses or just one. Does it happen to
other people if they use the same spreadsheets? If answer is yes and no
respectively then possibly she has a macro in her Personal.xls that is
causing this. Has someone perhaps had a bit of a laugh and put a macro in
that will trigger on random events ie time of day, combination key presses
etc.

--
Regards
Ken....................... Win XP / XL2K & XLXP

Public Service Request - It is very much appreciated
in text-only groups if you don't attach files - Thanks

"Joyce Harriman" <jhar...@charteronebank.com> wrote in message

Dave Peterson

Jan 22, 2003, 8:36:26 PM1/22/03
Not quite the same thing, but we had a user who had funny fonts showing up in
excel.

Our ITS department loaded an updated video driver and the problem went away.

(Actually, I don't think the font really changed size. It just looked that way
on the screen. So it might not be on point at all.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec3...@msn.com

Robin Clay

Jan 23, 2003, 4:47:15 AM1/23/03
Joyce Harriman wrote:
> I have a user who will experience random changes in fonts
> in her Excel Spreadsheets. She opens the file, all of er

> fonts are fine, As she is working in the file all of a
> sudden her 8pt font will change to 50pt font. She is not
> working in the cells that change.
> It only seems to happen
> to the 8pt font. We have checked her PC for viruses and
> found nothing. I would be very happy to hear any ideas
> anyone else may have regarding what can be done to
> correct this problem. She is running Excel 97.

Humphfff....
I sometimes have this same problem - but not in Cells.
For me, it occurs in Charts.

Any ideas ?

Phyllis deChant

Jan 23, 2003, 11:58:35 AM1/23/03

You might check to see if she is using true type fonts, or
change to all true type. That might be a fix.